The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dolby Digital
Old 30th November 2012
Gear Head

Dolby Digital

Ok, so whats the difference between a Dolby Digital Stereo and Surcode Surround export?

My editor is exporting a movies trailer in M2TS via Premiere. For a dolby Digital stereo file would i be sending all 6 channel information into my timeline for premiere or just a normal stereo out? What i want is the same the Audio, routed to all channels.

We utilized a demo version of minnetonkas surcode, (only had 3 export possibilities). In that we sent all the 6 channel information inside premiere. But all i heard from the LS, RS were muffled versions of sound, and not really the clear bright sound i was expecting. Somehow the Dolby Digital Stereo was sounding better (though not fully correct) than Surcode.

Heard the mix in DCP format as well. This was an eye opener, i could hear all the channels clearly, with a good balance between dialogue, music, SFX etc.
Any ideas?

Last edited by xecutionist007; 30th November 2012 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Accidently pressed enter before writing anything.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search