The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Insurance for software
Old 26th October 2012
Insurance for software

I recently moved my gear out of my house into a commercial space and need to have it insured. My insurance broker has had trouble finding and insurance company willing to insure a "audio post house", "recording studio" or "video production facility"

The one company that was willing to insure said they will not cover software licenses. Between my ilok and other dongles i have quite an investment in licenses and if they disappear or are damaged for some other reason I guess i would be SOL. Anyone have a better suggestion or insurance solution?
Old 26th October 2012
Lives for gear

Robert A. Gallo, Jr.
Account Executive
Heritage Insurance Services, Inc.
826 Bustleton Pike, Ste. 203
Feasterville, PA 19053
800-289-8837 x 103
215-322-5854 FAX
[email protected]

Just have them do everything. They have no problem covering whatever you need.
Old 27th October 2012
Lives for gear

MusicPro Insurance assured me that my outrageously expensive iLok was covered.
Old 27th October 2012
For my gear (mostly location sound) there are several film industry specific companies that insure movie equipment specifically. I would think post house equipment would be covered as well, iLok stuff should be specified tho, I'm not sure about that.
Old 27th October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
This Music Pro looks promising. And very accessible. oh yeah and covers software!
Old 27th March 2015
Here for the gear

insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
Are you still insured by music pro? did you ever have to find a claim? did you find it hard to get a hold of them?
Old 27th March 2015
Lives for gear

I made a small claim a long time ago, and they honored it. Fortunately, no recent claims. They were easy to get in contact with.
Old 30th March 2015
Just got a post card from the "Film Emporium" It says they offer insurance to film makers. You might want to try them. Their website is https://www.filmemporium.com/ but when I tried to access it I got a warning saying the site was untrusted. FWIW

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 30th March 2015 at 12:22 PM..
Old 30th March 2015
Lives for gear

You can insure software (iLok even offers their own) and I have, for decades.
There are some app makers who warn you about insuring your software dongles just like a piece of equipment, for this reason.

p

Last edited by philper; 31st March 2015 at 05:49 AM..
Old 31st March 2015
I ended up using the Recording Studio Insurance Program written by Capital Bauer in Albany, New York.

After asking around, it seemed the the "the" insurance everyone uses.

Insurance | SPARS.com

Luckily have not had any claims but very satisfied with the coverage and the service.
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

Nice article, but i already seen it there Google
Old 27th November 2018
Here for the gear

I don't quite understand why you need insurance for software, because that's not what you want to insure, but I think it will be useful for you to read this post here. That's more about insurance software, but I'm sure through this article you can find some sites or companies which could help you. Well, if this article doesn't help you, you can read some more or write a letter to the author and ask about the insurance company they use for their software.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search