The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland R-26 Portable Recorder Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I have the PCM-D50..If I am not mistaken there is a dual XLR pre-amp that can connect to the back side of the unit and feed a digital signal into the recorder. I do believe, however, that the unit will only record either the mic or the line in at a time - not all four.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Resurrecting an old thread,

I was in the market to get this Roland R-26 and now... IT'S GONE!
Discontinued. And roland replaced it with something inferior.

I've been researching a ton of portable handheld recorders for sometime and the R-26 seemed to fit the bill.

I need it for sound effects, foley, out door sounds for film. The main feature on this was that I could record 1 XLR shotgun mic and also the stereo built in mic simultaneously. I can't seem to find any other on the market that can do that, which is also professional quality (I don't feel the ZOOM H6 is considered pro end)

The best hands down portable recorder I've tested out is the Sony PCM-D100. MIND blowing quality in every way possible, the only problem is that Sony forgot to ad 2 XLR inputs (still can't understand that one, except for technical reasons that might ad more to the size?)

Anyways, can anyone recommend anything out there?

And yes I know about sound devices and Nagra. They just are not practical to carry around and to to public areas to record amb inconspicuously.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
I have the PCM-D50..If I am not mistaken there is a dual XLR pre-amp that can connect to the back side of the unit and feed a digital signal into the recorder. I do believe, however, that the unit will only record either the mic or the line in at a time - not all four.

Randall
Unfortunately its discontinued and it's the same as the D100 with no XLR :(

I think the only option I can find is the Tascam DR-100mkIII
But can't record XLR and the stereo simultaneously
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
And yes I know about sound devices and Nagra. They just are not practical to carry around and to to public areas to record amb inconspicuously.
SD 702 or MixPre3 in a backpack or beltpack and 2 LAV's clipped to a (black) hat. Done it a dozen times. Or, SD unit in back back, and 2 short small diaphragm mics on a tiny stand with baby ball gags.

I own a Sony PCM D100 -- they suck in the wind. The Rycote furry is not nearly enough for anything over super light wind. It needs a cage. On a no-wind day, sure, fine.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

A friend of mine uses a baby „o-ball“ toy, cut open, as a wind jammer with a furry for his Sony.
Oball mittel, 10 cm, Oball | myToys

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search