The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to remove sudden noises from my recording?! HELP! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

How to remove sudden noises from my recording?! HELP!

I'm new to this forum, so I really do apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Basically, I am a film student, and I don't know too much about audio, hence why I'm often on YouTube searching out tutorials. This one baffled me, but it's exactly the situation I find myself in with a short assignment I filmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMrVgZeCXa8

It's like some voodoo magic to me, but I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how such technology actually works, and if that product is the one I should buy (not the full version, it's a bit pricey for me!!).

Last edited by JamesFrame; 17th September 2011 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: my link didn't post?! sorry I'm new!
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Also if anyone has any experience with a similar scenario Id love to hear from u!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Exclamation Beware

If you buy that product, there is no guarantee that you will get the desired result. You will have only bought a tool. You still have to know how to use the tool.
Old 17th September 2011
Try the demo.

RX2 is completely indispensable around here... it does so much more than what's in that video too as you are probably aware. If you do post on a regular basis you should buy it. As a film student you can have it for 50% off too I think, check with iZotope.

Now that said, the other question is, are you a film student who is actually going to be getting into audio post, or are you gunning for something above-the-line or totally different? If so, you probably don't want to drop money on tools that you'll normally rely on others to have if/when you outsource your post, for example... it depends how much of a DIY approach you want to take.

As mentioned, it's a tool - and it's not always the best tool for any given job, but it quite often delivers the best results. Mess around with the demo and see if it will do what you want it to do...
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

i'm definitely going to get hold of the demo copy at least. i appreciate the advice and i'll definitely report back on ease-of-use etc.

my hope is that i can figure it out on my own time with tutorials like that, so if you guys know any good ones too that would be great.

also, i know i'm not tryign to do everything audio, because that's not what i'm good at, but this might help me in a couple of situations if i can nail the basics.

50% off?! that's amazing! :-) i guess it's not all bad being a student..
Old 17th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFrame View Post
i'm definitely going to get hold of the demo copy at least. i appreciate the advice and i'll definitely report back on ease-of-use etc.

my hope is that i can figure it out on my own time with tutorials like that, so if you guys know any good ones too that would be great.

also, i know i'm not tryign to do everything audio, because that's not what i'm good at, but this might help me in a couple of situations if i can nail the basics.

50% off?! that's amazing! :-) i guess it's not all bad being a student..
Having a good understanding of the process is an excellent idea and I applaud you for that. Hopefully you will realise that it's not all fun n' games to "fix it in post" and when you go on to do whatever it is you will do in the industry you'll have a profound respect for those that do audio for picture - on set, in post, wherever... and you'll supply them with everything they need to do their job properly (after all, it benefits you in the end, no matter what you do!)

Anyway, yeah, buy as much software as you can afford now as you'll get a LOT of it cheaper than you ever might in the future!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search