The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 frame offset in PT
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

2 frame offset in PT

Hi guys, I could use some help. I'm mixing in ProTools, ver. 8.1 but my problem existed with ver 7 also. I record back into PT using internal bussing, my stems look great, I pop them on to a drive, hand them off to an online editor, and he tells me they have a 2 frame offset. This is a consistent problem. I've talked to everybody I know and everyone's stumped. It doesn't seem to be a delay comp issue. It doesn't seem to be a frame rate issue. All settings have been checked and rechecked. Any help would be great.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Well, if you record into your session, include a 2-pop. If that lines up (session and recorded file), you're good. If it doesn't, you could re-align it and consolidate the file. I usually deliver a file with that 2-pop, so the editor knows where to sync it. That should take care of any offset. There is of course the infamous FCP bug you should read about:

FCP "bug" to watch out for... - Avid Audio Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunastrat View Post
Hi guys, I could use some help. I'm mixing in ProTools, ver. 8.1 but my problem existed with ver 7 also. I record back into PT using internal bussing, my stems look great, I pop them on to a drive, hand them off to an online editor, and he tells me they have a 2 frame offset. This is a consistent problem. I've talked to everybody I know and everyone's stumped. It doesn't seem to be a delay comp issue. It doesn't seem to be a frame rate issue. All settings have been checked and rechecked. Any help would be great.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

the bug leads to drift not a constant offset.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

True, he should read it anyway. Like I said, the 2-pop rules out the constant offset, but who knows what the editor means by: "it's 2 frames out of sync" ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
the bug leads to drift not a constant offset.
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

If you are using video card to feed back your TV, check for Video latency.
- Bart

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search