The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools and video projection DAW Software
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

Pro Tools and video projection

I'm wanting to find out how Pro Tools HD3 users are getting their video to a large screen, in my case a video projector. With all available PCIe slots used for PT there isn't space for a video card. Trying to find the best way to do this.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Magma expansion chassis, my HD3 cards live in there, I have a blackmagic card and a fibre card in addition to the card that connects to the expansion card in my mac pro.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ditto what Max said, plus a DVI out from a second video output to the DVI in on our Projector.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Holland View Post
Magma expansion chassis, my HD3 cards live in there, I have a blackmagic card and a fibre card in addition to the card that connects to the expansion card in my mac pro.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

second mac with Satellite LT and an Avid Mojo to video DA to projector and two LCD screens.
I will be dumping the Mojo and going out the DVI on the Mac to an HDMI DA to all three monitors soon.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Mojo DX

I am just pissed that Mojo DX still does not work with P.T. except with satellite. Very disappointed with Avid on this.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Using VVTR with an AJA Kona card here
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

One option not mentioned here is the Matrox TripleHead2Go. It splits one DVI of your video card to 2 or 3 screens, leaving the other video card output free to feed full 1080 to your projector. The only downside we've found is that all the dialog boxes open up centered in the screen spanning our 2 monitors and we are always dragging them to one screen or the other.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search