The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PT9 out of memory error Turntables
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
Have you tested your ram?

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Not with that tool, but Ram is good to go. PT is the only program, 32bit or otherwise on my machine that is giving me any trouble at all. After the lastest round of pop ups and violations, it wouldn't even play back anymore and I had to trash prefs and spend the next hour trying to get eucon to work again.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Peterson View Post
Not with that tool, but Ram is good to go. PT is the only program, 32bit or otherwise on my machine that is giving me any trouble at all. After the lastest round of pop ups and violations, it wouldn't even play back anymore and I had to trash prefs and spend the next hour trying to get eucon to work again.
then you have plug in issues. are you running waves 7? it ****s pt9
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
After removing LFE360 v7 from my stem busses. Things seem be running better. I have not stress tested it, but at this moment I'm saving a copy of the session to a drive I'm bringing to work tomorrow. My ram consumption is currently 5702mb durring the save and things are still working. Thanks again
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

I would also make sure your system is optimized ala the Avid suggestions on their website. I usually only have 42 processes ging at boot up and OI am running a 980X Extreme edtion processor with 12 gig of RAM.

PT HD Native is best on its own
Old 20th September 2011
I know you're on a windows box and I'm a mac user but I also have started to experience out of memory errors that I never got before upgrading to 9.0.5. I can have my activity monitor open and let a session sit idle and i can watch as ProTools gradually takes more and more RAM. When I open ProTools, It uses about 600mb RAM, opening my session takes it to about 1.1gb, I can let it sit idle and will watch it climb up to about 2.8gb RAM usage at which point I'll get low memory errors or a crash. I'm gonna roll back my machine back to 9.0.2 next weekend
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Since this started happening, I've only used PT on smaller stuff, anything over a couple minutes long goes to nuendo. I've limited my plugs to digi plugs only which helped a lot too. There was definitely some sort of ram leak going on it but I also walked into it with a nuendo workflow in my mind which is basically limitless. Running pro tools is sort of like trying to figure out the command modual start up sequence in apollo 13. Not exactly a creative mind set lol.

I will be first in line for PT64 bit. It's a simple smart platform that just works for the most part. everybody knows it etc etc. I just find it so insane that digiland you need 80k worth of cards and chassis's to do what you can do with a 2000 dollar app and a 1200 PC natively.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Peterson View Post
The ram test programs don't always catch bad ram. I recently had more than the usual crashes with PT. I suspected ram, but tests came back o.k. A few days later the computer would not boot. Turned out 2 4 gig sticks had gone bad. OWC was very cool in replacing the ram...the computer booted fine and PT and Final Cut ran much smoother.
L.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search