The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tooting my own horn
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Tooting my own horn

I don't do this often, but I'm really pleased with some of my current projects. I have a game show I mixed that just started airing. It's on the Hub, and it's called The Game Of Life. I really pleased because their broadcast chain didn't mess up my mix!
Also, I have a documentary that is being featured at the Telluride Film Festival next week.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Way to go Charles! Congratulations! Bet it feels great. I hear Telluride is a great fest.

So did you have to come up with that sound of the plastic spinning dial for The Game of Life?

Guess you don't have avocado between the earpieces after all.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
I don't do this often, but I'm really pleased with some of my current projects. I have a game show I mixed that just started airing. It's on the Hub, and it's called The Game Of Life. I really pleased because their broadcast chain didn't mess up my mix!
Also, I have a documentary that is being featured at the Telluride Film Festival next week.
Congratulations, Charles. It can be uncomfortable telling the world that you did a great job on a film. But what's wrong pointing out the obvious? Good luck at Telluride. I, too, have a film showing there, called Footnote. (See, I'm godless enough to do my bragging on your thread!).
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
No, here in SoCal it's guacamole.

Because we're mixers.

Congrats, Charles!
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

congrats dude.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Congrats Charles! Glad to hear things are going well!

Cheers,

Fred
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipflap View Post
Good luck at Telluride. I, too, have a film showing there, called Footnote. (See, I'm godless enough to do my bragging on your thread!).
I guess that means you guys have a Tutankhamun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
No, here in SoCal it's guacamole.

Because we're mixers.

Congrats, Charles!
Well played, sir.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Congrats Charles! Keep up the fine work.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
Way to go Charles! Congratulations! Bet it feels great. I hear Telluride is a great fest.

So did you have to come up with that sound of the plastic spinning dial for The Game of Life?

Oh, it's a miasma of guacamole between the AKG240s. Actually the on set sound of the spinner was very......spinner like. But I did have fun comming up with the huge amount of sound effects this show did require.
Thanks for the congratulations everybody. It makes me proud to be a member of this community.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search