Video games on Steam.
Watch NBA, play Basket ball, although not much these last couple of years!
Movies. playing from my server to a HTPC.
Chill out and play with all the new gear arriving all the time.
Cooking, noodling around on the guitar, playing Gran Turismo 5 a bit and I'm trying to take up tennis but the weather went to hell here after my first few sessions in the autumn so waiting for some spring warmth before heading out again!
Outside of work and helping to look after this joint though I probably don't have as much free time as I'd like.
- Noodle around on a home built Les Paul double cutaway that was made from some left over mahogany from the first console I built for the ole' Fairlight Prodigy.
- Wrought iron fence work that filled my time waiting for the '72 El Camino I'm restoring to come back from the paint shop. (Had a MIG welder doing nothing in the garage.)
- Try to get the El Camino finished, but been sidetracked by building new console for the Fairlight Constellation and now a new system for studio B.
- Computer tech support for the neighbors.
- Flipping houses when not working on my own.
- Digital art and design.
- Meetings with the local ADD Anonymous chapter, if the mood strikes me and if I've got nothing else to do..
Last edited by Bill@AudioVision; 14th January 2011 at 04:10 PM..
watch Dallas Stars ice hockey (and sometimes Cowboys football) shoot timelapses and short docs
watch movies and TV with the wifey
lust after gear and software
have political arguments with friends (a legit hobby IMO)
casual gaming on the iphone and ipad (all 3 stars on every level of angry birds released so far...)
You know, I have it pretty good in this harsh harsh world.
I love war history so i'm a WWII nut. I'm particularly interested from the point of view of the germans and soviets. I also have an obsession with submarines. I enjoy chess although I haven't really the time to stay as good as I once was. I like listening to podcasts the topics I rather enjoy are philosophy and psychology. I exercise quite a bit and I enjoy champagne.
I collect scores and music books. Have about 400 of which 50 of them are original printings. ALso have about 60 theory/misc books and about 16 specific composer biography books.
Pretty much nothing since my newborn arrived in December...
Haven't been able to keep up martial arts in the last 2 years (Jujitsu).
The Xbox360 fills in any (short) gaps between work, the kids, and watching the odd movie or TV show (just finished the first season of Breaking Bad).
Oops, nearly forgot that one! I've been using my bike to commute so much that nice country rides are merely a foggy memory for me. But I did indulge myself in a lovely new Triumph Street Triple last April. Super light, loads of fun, and most of all: GREAT SOUND!