The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Projector consult Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Projector consult

Hi all merry xmas and happy holidays!!!

I am working out a larger mix room that is roughly 31 x 11 and instead of the 40 inch flat going to switch to projection. This is a really nice boxing day deal I found and am wondering if there are any red flags when going with this deal. Thanks!

Viewsonic 3D Ready Home Theatre Projector with Screen Super-Saving Bundle : Home Theatre Projectors - Best Buy Canada

here are more detailed specs.

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/pr...rs/pjd5112.htm

I will be feeding it Apple ProRes 442s from PT and blackmagic intensity pro. Currently use HDMI but looks like will have to use component in with this unit.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

The resolution of that projector is only 800x600. Not gonna push HD and I'd imagine it properly is more suited for board room or class room PowerPoint presentations.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Good call, I saw that it did 1280 x 1080 but did not notice that was resized and not native.

Can anyone recommend a workable economically priced unit? Additionally, what models, do you use? what features are ideal?
Thanks happy holidays!!!!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search