The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
converters gave up the ghost. Couple questions Headphone Amps
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

converters gave up the ghost. Couple questions

So my lucid 8824 just wouldn't turn on today. I normally have it hooked up to my dig192. Obviously lucid isnt open today and gear orphanage was closed as well. Work to be done.

I managed to grab a 192 dac card off ebay from someone local and I can pick it up. When I calibrated the outputs on my lucid 8824 I kinda winged it a bit I just sent a -20db [email protected] out and adjusted the pots on my monitor controller until a durroughs meter read -20db and repeated that for each output.

Well now that I have a variable trim I may as well set it up proper.

Now I know to set protools internals to -20 and i need to have the outputs read 1.223v on a multimeter but I'm hazy on if I am correct in using a sine at [email protected] for this operation. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

der I just read you can't put analogs in the digi 192 boxes hurr de durr. Do you guys think if I remove a digital card I can use the dac card?

That limitation kinda blind sided me.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

I got a response on the duc that this is possible but the 192 has to be the clock source after doing this.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

If you are talking about putting an analog card into a 192Digital IO, I am pretty sure it won't work at all. The power supply of a 192Digital IO does not include everything required by the analog output circuits. Sorry. I have no idea what the DUC poster was trying to say.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

yeah everything I found about this shows that you cant do it but he seems to know what hes talking about. Maybe I should inquire more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search