The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LA or NYC Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 25th December 2010
T1M
Gear Maniac

Southern California is a **** hole, nuff said.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
LA a block of concrete?
Where were you living, because I find it to be anything but a block of concrete.
And my experience of LA having moved here from Vancouver has been quite the opposite.
Everybody here has been extremely open and helpful. Far beyond what I experienced in Vancouver. And I've met very few assholes and d ouchebags.
I've met some really really great people here. And my only regret is not having moved here sooner, when I decided to leave Holland 25 years ago, and went to San Francisco instead.

If I was starting off in post, I'd be in LA.
Funny you mention Vancouver as I don't like that city either although I can at least admit that it is at least a beautiful place. There is just something about the people that makes me uneasy and it seems the same happens when people go to montreal or NYC. Me and my brother, despite how much we like each other cannot be around each other for more than an hour or we start arguing about everything. He loves Vancouver, never liked Montreal.

I will say that I moved to LA , was worked to the bone and was not always in a great mood and perhaps it grows on you but after 2 years of it, I just could not handle it. I think I like NYC because everyone seems bitter so you don't feel like everyone is having a blast. Misery loves company. lol. I'm not that miserable tho, just a sarcastic cynical jew with a rather sharp sadistic sense of humour.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Yeah, Toronto is heaven.
Not.
Been there a few times.

Southern Cali kicks Toronto's ass in every way.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is what you make of it. I'm from San Francisco, where we are indoctrinated from a young age to hate LA…and I'm here to report that there are both good and bad things about it. I always though the native SF folks who bashed LA we really making more of a statement about themselves than anything else. You really have to have spent time there before making any informed opinion..otherwise you come off sounding like an ignorant kid who hasn't been around the block yet.

That being said, NYC is the greatest city in the world, and I'd love to live there. It's not for the faint hearted however.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
It must be difficult for a guy to make a living playing records.
I thought this was a "Post Production Forum" and this thread was
about NY or LA for Post and not one about being a DJ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search