The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
is there a (slave) software video player that follows timecode (mtc or smpte)?
Old 24th January 2015
  #31
Lives for gear
 
firubbi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
MTCVideoSlave-1.0.2-278 is running ok here. but they release new version that didn't work at all... its hard to get Gregor.
Old 14th June 2015
  #32
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Anything similar on IOS? It would seem that the video horsepower of an Ipad 2 Air would be an ideal video slave.
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #33
Here for the gear
 
justpop514's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firubbi ➡️
got my license for 2 pc thanks to Gregor.

6 years ago you bought MTVvideoslave.

It is now impossible to buy it and i desperately need it.
If you are not using them anymore, can you help me with a serial number please

Thank You.

po

[email protected]
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #34
Here for the gear
 
justpop514's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernhard ➡️
Hi firubbi,

I can really recommend MTCVS!

We recently bought 10 licenses for our facility ;-)

Gregor was always responding very quickly to my suggestions and feature requests, so I guess he is simply on holiday at the moment.

cheers,

Bernhard

6 years ago you bought MTVvideoslave.

It is now impossible to buy it and i desperately need it.
If you are not using them anymore, can you help me with a serial number please

Thank You.

po

[email protected]
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #35
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpop514 ➡️
6 years ago you bought MTVvideoslave.

It is now impossible to buy it and i desperately need it.
If you are not using them anymore, can you help me with a serial number please

Thank You.

po

[email protected]
https://non-lethal-applications.com/...ideo-slave-2-0
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #36
Here for the gear
 
justpop514's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years

Thank You, but i need urgency the first version..
i know it is bad..
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #37
Gear Guru
 
UnderTow's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpop514 ➡️
Thank You, but i need urgency the first version..
i know it is bad..
It is still being sold and you are asking for a serial?

Alistair
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #38
Here for the gear
 
justpop514's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow ➡️
It is still being sold and you are asking for a serial?

Alistair
I install the trial a month ago.. and since that day i try to reach the vendor/programmer to buy the serial.. but obviously the company is close.. i think i send 50 mails and no answers.. ag, i dont have problem to pay but i need to pay to somebody...

So yes i need help, and a serial..
It's a old soft.. and i'm pretty sure somebody have a key..

I'm stuck in a middle of a prod.. :(
Old 10th August 2016 | Show parent
  #39
Gear Guru
 
UnderTow's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpop514 ➡️
I install the trial a month ago.. and since that day i try to reach the vendor/programmer to buy the serial.. but obviously the company is close.. i think i send 50 mails and no answers.. ag, i dont have problem to pay but i need to pay to somebody...

So yes i need help, and a serial..
It's a old soft.. and i'm pretty sure somebody have a key..

I'm stuck in a middle of a prod.. :(
You can buy it through the link provided above by Tom Lowe.

Alistair
Old 18th August 2016
  #40
Lives for gear
 
firubbi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Does anyone know is it possible to sync a Daw with Adobe after effect or premiere?
thanks
Old 3rd June 2019
  #41
Lives for gear
 
bkbirge's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Curious if there's an update for this thread in 2019, I'm just starting out on this adventure and have an extra PC laptop with an old Emu 1616 interface sitting around I could use for a VTR. What are y'all using these days?
Old 3rd June 2019
  #42
Lives for gear
 
pentagon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I don't think there's anything better than VideoSlave still
Old 4th June 2019 | Show parent
  #43
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
I have never found anything anywhere near as good as Video Slave for this, but VS is Mac-only. If there is something that works as well as VS that will run on Windows I'd love to hear about it
Old 5th June 2019
  #44
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Merging VCube is PC based.
Old 6th June 2019
  #45
Lives for gear
 
bkbirge's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Hmm, bummer, seems only high end pricey feature rich sw is available when I'd be fine with the equivalent of media player that can lock to smpte/mtc.
Old 6th June 2019 | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
pentagon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge ➡️
Hmm, bummer, seems only high end pricey feature rich sw is available when I'd be fine with the equivalent of media player that can lock to smpte/mtc.
if you want cheap and only that much, I'm sure Reaper, Cubase Elements, etc. can do that much.
Old 6th June 2019 | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
I tried and discarded a lot of cheap app and hardware solutions to the 2-system video slave issue. I finally got reliability by doing 2 things: running Video Slave (on an old mac) and using the Colin Broad P2MMC-USB box http://www.colinbroad.com/cbsoft/P2MMC2/p2mmc2.html as the interface between the two (SMPTE to MTC on USB). Neither are cheap, but the cheap solutions were endless headaches and "that sinking sync feeling". Colin helped me set up my box via screenshare, and it has worked very well for me on 3 diff DAWs.
Old 6th June 2019 | Show parent
  #48
Gear Head
 
Simplicisimus's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge ➡️
Curious if there's an update for this thread in 2019, I'm just starting out on this adventure and have an extra PC laptop with an old Emu 1616 interface sitting around I could use for a VTR. What are y'all using these days?
Xjadeo has been really reliable in our studios, both on MAC and PC. Using it daily for years, and it's free!
Old 14th June 2019 | Show parent
  #49
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicisimus ➡️
Xjadeo has been really reliable in our studios, both on MAC and PC. Using it daily for years, and it's free!
Hello
Can you explain how you make xjadeo work with protools. I tried it via MTC but couldn’t make it work.

Would really appreciate !
Thank you in advance
Simon
Old 17th June 2019 | Show parent
  #50
Gear Head
 
Simplicisimus's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonyeah ➡️
Hello
Can you explain how you make xjadeo work with protools. I tried it via MTC but couldn’t make it work.

Would really appreciate !
Thank you in advance
Simon
We are using it with Nuendo, but it shouldn't be different with PT.
There are few connection/communication protocols in XJadeo, you should figure out what would be best to use in your setup. We are using PORTMIDI and driving it with simple MTC over network.
Anyway, you may use either physical midi ports, if you're connecting two machines and send MTC over that (in this case you need two interfaces with midi ports) , or you may use LAN to transfer midi. You can use Network midi if you are on Mac Osx or if you are on Windows you must install Midi network driver rtpMIDI (it's free).

When you install rtpMIDI on Windows machine, it can communicate with OSX machine through Network midi without a problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 17th June 2019 | Show parent
  #51
Lives for gear
 
soundboy's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by philper ➡️
I tried and discarded a lot of cheap app and hardware solutions to the 2-system video slave issue. I finally got reliability by doing 2 things: running Video Slave (on an old mac) and using the Colin Broad P2MMC-USB box http://www.colinbroad.com/cbsoft/P2MMC2/p2mmc2.html as the interface between the two (SMPTE to MTC on USB). Neither are cheap, but the cheap solutions were endless headaches and "that sinking sync feeling". Colin helped me set up my box via screenshare, and it has worked very well for me on 3 diff DAWs.
Why the CB box? Why not just MTC over network, using Audio Midi Setup?
Old 17th June 2019 | Show parent
  #52
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Was unreliable and inconsistent. With CB, all good.
Old 19th June 2019
  #53
Lives for gear
 
huub's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Lockstep software on mac is free and also works quite well to convert LTC to mtc.

Just saying.

Huub
Old 23rd August 2019 | Show parent
  #54
Here for the gear
 
Portrait DAW Sync

Hello, does anybody tried this solution ?

Portrait DAW Sync
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/portra...c/id1477119728

Its seems good and cheaper,
Regards, Alex
Old 26th August 2019 | Show parent
  #55
Lives for gear
 
Mundox's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMac ➡️
Hello, does anybody tried this solution ?

Portrait DAW Sync
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/portra...c/id1477119728

Its seems good and cheaper,
Regards, Alex
What does the app do?
Mac OSX can already transmit MTC over the network...
Old 2nd February 2020 | Show parent
  #56
Gear Head
 
kris.aps's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I’m using videoslave on another computer, hooked up to reaper, but it’s true that another session of reaper should work just as well, or any other daw for that matter.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4606 views: 600885
Avatar for cabooter
cabooter 2 weeks ago
replies: 55 views: 25296
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 97 views: 32768
Avatar for mowmow
mowmow 15th September 2010
replies: 1296 views: 168111
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump