The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Salary Thread Modular Synthesizers
Old 18th March 2009
Lives for gear

Thank God. I'd hate to think they were affecting people.
Old 19th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
I checked out their website. Looks sort of like those new sweatshop ad agencies. Advertising templates for realtors, law firms, restaurants, etc. There are a number of them now trying to position themselves as top dog in the low budget ad market. They have cubicles with FCP and ProTools LE systems and just knock 'em out. Interesting concept and probably profitable if you are into that sort of thing.
There is one of these types of agencies in our area as well. Cubicles, FCP, PT LE, a booth. Place feels like a typical corp office, which to me, feels really weird. They crank out spot after spot. Mostly, they get the gigs because of tagging. You can do one spot and tag it for 20,30, 50 markets or more. I had an intern go work at one of these places. Mind-numbing. But hey, work is work.
Old 19th March 2009
Lives for gear

They got problems, but, a plan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
There is one of these types of agencies in our area as well. Cubicles, FCP, PT LE, a booth. Place feels like a typical corp office, which to me, feels really weird. They crank out spot after spot. Mostly, they get the gigs because of tagging. You can do one spot and tag it for 20,30, 50 markets or more. I had an intern go work at one of these places. Mind-numbing. But hey, work is work.
In Memphis and most places
(from what the staff told me),
they buy up struggling studios with ability to get tracks of the net, the one they bought here is a nice studio, not a cubicle or booth, two nice recording rooms and two nice control rooms, although, I have more ability in my livingroom, but I don't do ads,
(from what I saw her in Memphis)
piss off the whole staff, keep or fire the engineers, fire the receptionist and other support staff and try to do business with the engineers doing everything. They pay OK though, not great, but, OK.
The career path with them is promoted, right out the front door.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search