The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CAS Presents ""What Happened to My MIX? Podcast
Old 15th August 2008
Lives for gear

The Cinema Audio Society Presents a Podcast of the recent seminar by Ed Greene CAS entitled “What Happened to My Mix?”
The Topic is about the Quality, Apparent Level, Sync and improving Sound for the Television Viewer.

Here is the link:
CAS Seminars - 'What Happened to My Mix?' - The Work Flow From Production Through Post Production - Cinema Audio Society
Old 15th August 2008
Lives for gear

Thanks Marty

I was lucky to work with Ed Green on a few Grammy broadcasts. He is a rock when it comes to the high pressure challenges of live broadcast mixing. Hundreds of inputs, room mics, orchestra mics, podium mikes, announcer mics, playback, band mics and very little rehearsal. And that was BEFORE automation. It's a real art and was an incredible experience to see him at work. Can't wait to hear this seminar.
Old 15th August 2008
Old 15th August 2008
Lives for gear

Danijel,
I fixed the link.

Rick,
Ed got me into this busisness and I was lucky to work with him for 6 years.
HE IS THE BEST!!!thumbsup
Old 16th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
The Cinema Audio Society Presents a Podcast of the recent seminar by Ed Greene CAS entitled “What Happened to My Mix?”
The Topic is about the Quality, Apparent Level, Sync and improving Sound for the Television Viewer.

Here is the link:
CAS Seminars - 'What Happened to My Mix?' - The Work Flow From Production Through Post Production - Cinema Audio Society
I listened to it all! Thanks Doc!

Philip Perkins (CAS)
Old 16th August 2008
Lives for gear

I was lucky enough to have been Ed Greene's post production A2 on hundreds of shows. (I was Marti's successor)

Unfortunately (for me) the man doesn't sleep, he can work 36 hours straight with only a 5 minute catnap here and there.heh
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Hey guys, just finished the presentation and found it very informative, especially in explaining dialnorm a little more. I'm thinking a video version might be only available to the members of CAS (if one was recorded), but in case it's not, I'd love to find a link to it. I'm interested in some of the slides.

Oh, and the ITU standard along with the Dolby Media Meter sound both exciting
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevarela View Post
Hey guys, just finished the presentation and found it very informative, especially in explaining dialnorm a little more. I'm thinking a video version might be only available to the members of CAS (if one was recorded), but in case it's not, I'd love to find a link to it. I'm interested in some of the slides.

Oh, and the ITU standard along with the Dolby Media Meter sound both exciting
Mike,
Unlike all previous posts of the CAS seminars, this one was not videotaped. It's audio only.
I'll try to get the Power Point page to be posted, but don't hold your breath. In the past seminars when I was Secretary of the CAS, I use to edit and remix the seminars before posting them for view on the net. Since I'm no longer a Board Member (by choice) I didn't have a chance to offer my services.
Oh well.
Glad you enjoyed them . On a side note to all who listened, that was me asking some of the questions.
Old 18th August 2008
Here for the gear

WOW!

The 1st day I listened to the first portion, 2nd day the next, and today the last session! Incredibly informative.

..sigh..
Someone today asked me if I was going to join CAS (still a student) and my answer was "HECK YEAH!"
Old 4th December 2009
Here for the gear

This CAS panel discussion rocked, esp. after seeing this first-hand as to how stuff was prepped prior to broadcast.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

Halfway through the second part now. Great resource, great Xmas present. Was nice to hear a colleague from back in the day mentioned too(Jim Starzynski).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search