The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
John Adams
Old 7th April 2008
John Adams

All I can say is WOW. I know I'm a little behind, but I just watched the first two episodes this past weekend and have recorded the next three.

Great job by Marc Fishman (re-recording mixer), Tony Lamberti (re-recording mixer), and all the rest of the sound department.

Brilliant work by all.
Old 7th April 2008
Gear Head

I agree. Really digging the entire series. I just setup a new 5.1 home theater system with JBL's and it is sounding great. From the ship battles to the ambience of Paris, very well done. Just when I think I'll cancel HBO and save a few bucks, they pull this out.

Matt
Old 7th April 2008
I love the intro theme, esp. the fiddle. Really nice job all around on this series.
Old 8th April 2008
Lives for gear

My wife and I are loving it, but I found the dialog to be unintelligible now and then, particularly in the first episode. Maybe I've gotten used to Paul Giamatti's artistic mumbling, but I had to back the TiVo up a few times and relisten a few times in the first couple of episodes.
Old 8th April 2008
Gear Head

Paul Giamatti is phenomenal, and so is the sound. thumbsup
Old 9th April 2008
Lives for gear

It really is a pleasure to watch and hear. I was never a big history buff, but this series constantly prompts me to explore the 'net for more info on the (real-life) characters.
Old 9th April 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It really is a pleasure to watch and hear. I was never a big history buff, but this series constantly prompts me to explore the 'net for more info on the (real-life) characters.
Haha, I'm with you on that one. I had to do a little googling myself.
Old 9th April 2008
Gear Nut

Come visit me here at Colonial Williamsburg. Canon to Harpsichord. The times and the sounds were/are very dynamic. Even as someone who posts 18th Century TV for a living, I have to admit I'm pretty hooked on HBO's John Adams.

but seriously, come visit. The place is pretty amazing.
Old 9th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S. View Post
All I can say is WOW. I know I'm a little behind, but I just watched the first two episodes this past weekend and have recorded the next three.

Great job by Marc Fishman (re-recording mixer), Tony Lamberti (re-recording mixer), and all the rest of the sound department.

Brilliant work by all.
Thanks! A job that was far from easy, several of the best sound supervisors & crews in LA got fired from that one.
Old 9th April 2008
Lives for gear

You mean John Adams is better known then the composer John Adams?
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeziner View Post
Come visit me here at Colonial Williamsburg. Canon to Harpsichord. The times and the sounds were/are very dynamic. Even as someone who posts 18th Century TV for a living, I have to admit I'm pretty hooked on HBO's John Adams.

but seriously, come visit. The place is pretty amazing.
Wow, I didn't know they had TV in the 18th century....
Old 10th April 2008
Lives for gear

Oh the TV show. I thought you were talking about the classical
composer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search