The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Back-Up Procedures...
Old 1st February 2008
Back-Up Procedures...

I've posted a new thread in the Music computers section with a question about BU procedures because I thought it should be there. As the main part of our work is situated in post production this question is something I would love to ask my colleague - post-slutz how they do there thing...

the thread can be found here

kind regards from Belgium

Pedro
Old 1st February 2008
Lives for gear

for important projects, i usually carve the data bit-by-bit onto 1x1m aluminum plates (i get about 120kb per plate), then load them on a pick-up, drive off to the nearby mountains, bury them 1,5m into the ground, and tattoo the gps coordinates on my forearm. it is a bit time-consuming, but in case of nuclear wars, and the complete technological shift that might occur, who knows if cds, tapes and hdds will be decipherable?

in reality, a company i occasionally work for has in-house perl script that just mirrors every folder from a certain config-file to a linux multi-tera nas. occasionally (after big projects), they just switch to a new nas, and stack the filled one in a closet, no optical burning.
the guy who maintains the script said it's not very complicated - around 1000 lines of code. but it is not usable anywhere outside their studio, and it takes an in-house programmer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search