The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Video Lag Issues
Old 10th September 2007
Video Lag Issues

A friend with whom I'm working on a 2 hour video project is having issues with Video lag which we can't seem to figure out.

My system is 1st Gen Powermac G5 dual processor PPC 2ghz w/4gb RAM and 2 internal 500gb hard drives running OS 10.4.8 and ProTools LE 7.1 with Quicktime 7.1

His system is a new Mac Pro Dual Intel Quad-Core 3.0ghz w/4gb RAM and 2 internal 500gb hard drives running OS 10.4.8 and ProTools LE 7.3.1 w/Quicktime 7.2

The video is a 7+gb file and we're doing some ADR loops. On my machine (3+ years old) everything works smoothly, on his machine he's experiencing major lag on the video when the video reaches the beginning of the loop, the audio continues but it's as if the picture itself is having a hard time keeping up. We're a little baffled by this as his machine should by all means run circles around my machine.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem?

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

I don't think LE is coded for Multi-processor Multi-core machines. Check with digidesign.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search