The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New CC1/Fairlight Controller? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

New CC1/Fairlight Controller?

Dear GearSlutz crew,

Just saw this n YouTube, looks like Fairlight are doing a smaller controller for the CC1 systems,

This might be the option I've been looking for, as I've wanted to get a "smaller roadcase/pelican case" size system for mobile work, but couldn't live without the functions of the larger console surfaces heh

Anyway, check it out, love to hear what you think...

YouTube - Xynergi from Fairlight

Happy Editing,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

"...Blurring the lines between High Spec Audio Production,
and "in the moment" live event production,
somewhere deep in the Aussie Bush..."
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hey Prof,

Big things come in small packages! Thanks for the link YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. def something I'd be interested in, nothing on Fairlight's website yet so I'll keep checking....

Daisy
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

I miss working on Fairlight gear. So much.

Can't wait to read more about this
Old 6th September 2007
Wow. That is pretty "SLICK".

I'm surprised that in the video it says go to Welcome To Fairlight - Provider of Professional Audio Production Solutions but there's no info there. I would imagine that they'll have it at AES next month.

I love working on Fairlight and every time they come out with something new it's an improvement.

Awesome.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

wow! dead impressive. i learnt my craft on a MFX3. i am now a very much Pro Tools guy.. but this system looks unreal... info is now up on www.fairlightau.com it seems.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Re: white paper / native processing

While I have great respect for the Fairlight engineers, I think their white paper is misleading. Maybe their marketing department is to blame.

The general trend of computer horsepower doubling every 24 months is still true... in fact it is accelerating! The white paper does not recognize the fact that desktop computer manufacturers are free to adopt new technologies, and will do it in a way that makes this power available to a wide range of existing native applications... just like the math coprocessor was implemented on early x86 processors. Even radical designs can be made to support existing software. For example Linux has already been ported to the "Cell" processor which powers the Sony PS3. Suggesting that "native processing" is reaching its limit is unrealistic. Development of native processing is continuing at a staggering rate.

Additionally I think they are somewhat misleading in their (Size, Power, Heat, Reliability & Cost) points: a DSP card still has to be housed in a PC enclosure. All the PC stuff is needed in a real system ... multiple big displays, flexible input devices, audio I/O, networking, etc. Those features aren't going to be built into an FPGA anytime soon (at least not until we can jack I/O directly into our brain). So while the DSP itself may be more efficient, the other elements of the system dictate the size, power and heat requirements.

Earlier this year, Harrison began shipping a really "native" DSP system using Linux and commodity hardware. We felt that an open platform would serve the needs of our users best. This has proven to be true, as recent sales of consoles around the world will testify (19 systems and counting). Savvy investors are looking for open solutions that do not lock them into single-source hardware purchases.

-Ben Loftis
Harrison - The World's Finest Digital Audio Consoles
Old 11th September 2007
I'd love to get my hands on a Harrison at some point in my career. I've always heard great things about them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search