The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PT mp3 export woes
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

PT mp3 export woes

Hi everyone,

I'd ask this on the DUC, but it seems to be down.

I'm bouncing about a million little mono audio clips of industrial VO using the mp3 option that came with DVTK2. The original session setup was 16bit/48k. When I go to bounce each clip the mp3 settings allow me to select 16/48 mono. But when I load them in to SoundForge or winamp the properties list them as 16/44 mono. I noticed when bouncing a couple from PT that after I select the mp3 settings and hit OK between that screen and the next screen where it asks for the filename, it shows the mp3 options are reset to 44k with no 'slow/tweak head' or anything selected. WTH!?!?! Is it not possible to render an mono mp3 in 16/44?!?!? And how can I trust that PT is even using the best setting if it's deciding to render stuff however it wants?!
Old 5th September 2007
Deleted bd1be4f
Hmm, something seems strange in your description of the problem. When you go to do a bounce to disk, the first window that comes up should give you the option of setting the file type (MP3), bit rate, sample rate, conversion settings (if necessary), and mono/stereo options. Then the next window should give you the actual MP3 encoding speed, CBR and meta tag info for the MP3. Assuming you chose 44.1k in the first window, you should be able to choose what setting you want to use to render in that same first window, it won't show up anywhere else.

That said, if you have a million clips to render to MP3's you'll save a ton of time if you just select all the regions at once and do a batch export (Command-Shift-K) instead of Bounce to Disk.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

hey zboy, you're right. i forgot to mention that page, but i only selected 192/slow and left all the IDtag stuff blank. after i hit OK on that page and before it goes to the 'save directory/name' screen is when i see the settings flash back to 16/44 on the first page! sorry if i confused everyone.

also, i have to do bounce cos i've got RTAS and automation running.
Old 5th September 2007
Deleted bd1be4f
I wouldn't worry about the page "flashing back". After the second window with the MP3 details, as you said you should get the save to directory window to actually pick a location. But if you set your bit and sample rate the way you wanted it in the first window, it should NOT have changed after going through the second and third windows. If it is, then something's really wrong with your setup.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search