The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Burning DVD from DVD studio pro
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

Burning DVD from DVD studio pro

so i just started using DVD studio pro 4 and burned my first home-made DVD. This is my problem.... After the encoding takes place and the image is burned, why dosen't it show up in my DVD player? I tried it in my computer and it worked fine. Am i doing something wrong?

Please help....
Old 30th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil View Post
so i just started using DVD studio pro 4 and burned my first home-made DVD. This is my problem.... After the encoding takes place and the image is burned, why dosen't it show up in my DVD player? I tried it in my computer and it worked fine. Am i doing something wrong?

Please help....
Is this standard def? Is the media DVD+R or DVD-R? Your DVD player may not be able to play one or the other. If it's Blu-Ray there are issues where some players won't play home made discs.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

look up "First Play" in the manual. i am sure that is your issue. it is not set.
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

At all I can guarantee to you, that DVD Studio Pro is a professional solution.

However there are lots of traps on the way to a perfectly working DVD (Bitrate, Audioencoding, Photoshoplayermenus...).

Even if you followed the right way the burning itself can be the biggest problem! Not all players are compatible to DVD-R or DVD+R. Also a burned DVD always contains lots of errors. These are compenated by the automatic error compensation, but still on the media. On a DVD from the plant you will never find errors like this.

Hope it helps.
Old 2nd October 2007
semi-professional solution, it has a wonderful workflow, but some bugs, like the DVD9 layerbreak that is incompatible with about 5% of the DVD-players etc.
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

but bugs will be repaired in future updates and until then for one layer DVDs you can get professional results IMO!
Old 3rd October 2007
waiting for bugfixes is not an option if you have to meet a deadline and the first run is 100.000 DVD's
Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear

right but the working features in dvd studio pro offered enough for me and my clients . i admit that dvd production is only 10% of my job so i can wait for the missing bugfixes!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search