The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Track Associations For Stems
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Track Associations For Stems

I'm doing a track layout for mixing a feature, and realized I don't know whether to group source music in with score, background, or what. I can see arguments either way, since source music sometimes morphs into score---but from a mixing standpoint, it will usually be placed in the same environment as the dialogue and fx. When doing M & E, where is source music normally found?
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Nut

For TV i ve always assigned source and score on the same stem except for rare occasions when the source is used in a musical scene (signing on screen by the actors) then the cue have to be music and lyrics on different stems. And all the ME i ve received for MOW french dubbing, source and score were on the same stem. I dont see a problem to put source and score on different stems it s a luxury for international dubbing but it might confused the delivery departement... I m talking about fictional stuff , documentaries is different

Eric

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search