The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quicktime having issues playing out firewire port DAW Software
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quicktime having issues playing out firewire port

Hey there

Working with a Quicktime file in pro tools. Converted to a quicktime DV file so I can send out the firewire port to a monitor via an ADVC, that part is working, but it will only play for a second and give me a buffer error, telling me to increase my buffer settigs, I tried to mess with that, both giving it all she's got captain, and also backing off the buffer, still, plays 1-3 seconds and then give me an error

the file is rather large, 15 minutes or so, a gig or 2. I made the pictures big enough so i can deal with it in pt, but it woudl be nice to shoot it out to my separate monitor you know.

This is Pro Tools LE. though I have run gig sized Virtual instruments with no issues....

Thanks for any insight on how to get this working better. worst comes to worse, i will just deal with it as is....

thank you.
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Addict

if you are running it off of the same drive as the audio, that might be the problem.

also, try downloading quicktime again and re-installing it. I know that sounds stupid, but for alot of folks, that has worked after we upgraded to 7.3... it was some bug between qtime and pt that would cause the firewire video out to freeze or give us buffer errors on HD rigs.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
if you are running it off of the same drive as the audio, that might be the problem.

also, try downloading quicktime again and re-installing it. I know that sounds stupid, but for alot of folks, that has worked after we upgraded to 7.3... it was some bug between qtime and pt that would cause the firewire video out to freeze or give us buffer errors on HD rigs.

yes I am running it off the same drive, Let me try a different drive. I havn't upgraded to PT 7.3 yet, still on 7.1. Thanks for the advice.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Tried playing from a different drive, got a little better performance, but still chokin. Perhaps i will try to re-install quicktime.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search