The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omf 1
Old 1 week ago
Omf 1

Hi all

A client has come to me with a bunch of omf 1 s from 2004 that they want opened and transferred to pro tools sessions.
Short of building an os9 rig with either an old version of Pro tools or digitranslator are there any other options does anyone know?

Thanks

Garret.

Last edited by Garret; 1 week ago at 09:03 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

A trial of Pro Tools Ultimate ?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by YannL View Post
A trial of Pro Tools Ultimate ?
I should i have been clearer. They are omf 1 from 2004.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Ah ok ! Omf 1, as you said
Indeed I don't see anything else than OS 9.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

This might be a tool you could try? I have no experience with it. But it showed up on a google search a few months ago for me. It looked interesting so I book marked it.

https://www.aatranslator.com.au/
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Nuendo maybe? They had version 3 launched in 2005 with omf import.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Send one of them to the people @ AATranslator. They can probably open those OMFs and maybe convert them to PTX etc.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Send one of them to the people @ AATranslator. They can probably open those OMFs and maybe convert them to PTX etc.
Already on it thanks! They are looking into it for me! Fingers crossed! Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
Already on it thanks! They are looking into it for me! Fingers crossed! Thanks.
Just saw this. I have that AATranslator. I'm sure they would be best at doing this, but if you want me to give it a try, let me know.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Just saw this. I have that AATranslator. I'm sure they would be best at doing this, but if you want me to give it a try, let me know.
Thanks. Aatranslator doesn't actually work but he thinks he may be actually able to build some sort of virtual rig to do it. I'll keep everyone posted if it works. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Thanks. Aatranslator doesn't actually work but he thinks he may be actually able to build some sort of virtual rig to do it. I'll keep everyone posted if it works. Thanks.
That's pretty awesome of him.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you can find an old copy of SSL ProConvert it will do this.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
If you can find an old copy of SSL ProConvert it will do this.
Thanks. Michael had no luck I'm afraid. You wouldn't happen to have a lead on a version of this by any chance?

Thanks

Garret
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks. Michael had no luck I'm afraid. You wouldn't happen to have a lead on a version of this by any chance?

Thanks

Garret
I have a version 5 installer for Windows, but I can't find any activation info. I think it might have been a call and response thing, which could be a problem given its defunct nature. PM me if you want to give it a try.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

for AATranslator. I bought it a few years back to transfer some music sessions I had in an obscure and ancient DAW format from 1998. Their support was instrumental in getting it all working and transferred correctly. Class acts all around.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks

Garret
How big is this OMF? I still have a 32 bit W7 PC that has ProConvert on it, if you want to send it to be I will give it a try. PM me

phil p
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
How big is this OMF? I still have a 32 bit W7 PC that has ProConvert on it, if you want to send it to be I will give it a try. PM me

phil p
I just wanted to thank everyone who posted on here offering to help and DMing to help. This is a great community and I hope it continues to be so.

Luckily we got it to work. A coworker had a very old laptop with Final cut Pro on it and that opened the audio from the omf (but not the video) and we then exported from that again. A very old version of media composer opened the video (but not the audio) from the omf and we were then able to marry the two! Success! Thanks again everyone!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear