Apple's Spatial Audio Feature!!
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Apple's Spatial Audio Feature!!

This Could Be Good!
https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-new...-game-changer/
Old 19th September 2020
Lives for gear

I just started watching the first Harry Potter after I updated my iPhone to 14. I guess the AirPod pro's updated automatically. The experience is might I say ... magical, works way better then I expected. I could see where everyone that watches films on their phone will want to use the AirPod pro just for this one feature. I wonder if in a few months there will be more people listening with 5.1 sound on apple then any other environment. The directionality of the dialog is especially compelling, feels like I'm in the theater.
Old 19th September 2020
Lives for gear

I wonder how different the experience is dependent on the input signal. So once I get the AirPods I’ll try with an Atmos mix we did and will feed them with EAC3 encodings of the native Atmos mix on the one hand, and stereo and 5.1 downmixes on the other hand.

Generally it’s great that finally Someone tackled one of the two big obstacles for proper headphone virtualization.
Waiting for easy camera-based HRTF customization in iOS15. 🤩
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear