The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stunning outdoor sports SFX sound design....
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear
Stunning outdoor sports SFX sound design....

Hello Gearslutz Post Prod People!

Help please: I'm looking for either:

A library source for stunning Hollywood quality outdoor sports SFX. (Specifically: Ski-ing/Snowboarding, Surfing, Trail Running, Mountain Biking). Ideally a bit larger than life and super-close-up.

Or...

A talented sound designer who could take on the project, supply the FX and mix it for me. It's a very short piece, 15 to 17 secs in duration. There's no dub to picture, just voiceover and FX. Needs to have the wallop and emotional impact of a major movie trailer. I'm guessing an hour of work would cover it.

It's not for profit, extremely limited exposure but there is a reasonable budget for it.

Grateful for your help, thanks.
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

If that’s still open I could give you the contact of some of the freelancers working for us.
Outdoor sports is the DNA of what we do. Day in and day out.

Last edited by kosmokrator; 16th September 2020 at 08:16 PM..
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
If that’s still open I could give you the contact of some of the freelancers working for us.
Outdoor sports is the bee DNA of what we do. Day in and day out.
Yes please 👍

PM me, by all means.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post
I'm guessing an hour of work would cover it.
I'll say it without seeing the piece but you'll find that adding single sfx to each spot is not going to make the impact you are after. Some creative sound design will be needed and that'll take at least 2-3 hours by a seasoned pro.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundox View Post
I'll say it without seeing the piece but you'll find that adding single sfx to each spot is not going to make the impact you are after. Some creative sound design will be needed and that'll take at least 2-3 hours by a seasoned pro.

Yes, of course; I’m sure you’re right. It will need some layering and perhaps 2 or 3 hours is more appropriate. I’m fine with that; whatever it takes and a seasoned pro is just what I need. Thanks 😊
📝 Reply