The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope RX 7 (and 8) delay compensation problem in Logic
Old 10th September 2020
Here for the gear

iZotope RX 7 (and 8) delay compensation problem in Logic

Hi everyone. I'm having this bizarre issue with iZotope RX when I use De-click module in my chain.

Precisely, when I bounce the selection, the resulting file has approx 2 seconds of silence before what I actually wanted to bounce starts. I've attached the picture below. First channel what I wanted to bounce, and second how at actually looks after bouncing with, in this example, De-click plugin.

And what's even more bizarre, the issue does not happen with Ableton.

I'm using Logic Pro X, and tried RX 7, and just yesterday RX 8, and it's the same. I searched a bit and found more people with the same problem but no solution. Hope you might be able to help me as, for the kind of project I'm working on, processing each region separately in RX standalone is a massive complication.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
iZotope RX 7 (and 8) delay compensation problem in Logic-screenshot-2020-09-10-10.41.57.jpg  
Old 10th September 2020
Lives for gear

Unless your latency compensation is turned off, it's possible that RX's latency exceeds what Logic's bounce can successfully compensate.
Old 11th September 2020
Gear Guru

I've always found realtime modules (plugins) in RX to be a bit dodgy. If you're on the fence about whether or not it'll work I highly recommend doing it offline. I get that it's a headache of course.
Old 14th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey Lukin View Post
Unless your latency compensation is turned off, it's possible that RX's latency exceeds what Logic's bounce can successfully compensate.
I was thinking in the similar direction, but was hoping there was maybe a workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc
I've always found realtime modules (plugins) in RX to be a bit dodgy. If you're on the fence about whether or not it'll work I highly recommend doing it offline. I get that it's a headache of course.
think I'll stick to offline till they handle this

thanks for the thoughts guys!
📝 Reply