The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anybody compared rx7 DIAL ISO to rx8 DIAL ISO?
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

anybody compared rx7 DIAL ISO to rx8 DIAL ISO?

it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved

anybody compared the new DIAL ISO to the previous version?

is it worth upgrading?
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Maniac

+1
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao View Post
it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved

anybody compared the new DIAL ISO to the previous version?

is it worth upgrading?
I don't remember reading its been improved.

Ive started using RX8 Dia Iso a few days, no change I can hear.
The settings I used on RX7 don't translate the same as RX8.
Pisses me off, as I had a setting dialed in for that stage!!
Reverted to RX7 dia iso for continuity.
Old 9th September 2020
Here for the gear

I'm wondering the same thing. I haven't compared the two yet, but this is from their site:

"Dialogue Isolate is even more powerful in RX 8. The module features improved Ambience Preservation, leaving a more natural sounding dialogue—even when noise reduction is pushed to drastic levels—to make sure your audience hears every word of your dialogue."
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpringSound View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I haven't compared the two yet, but this is from their site:

"Dialogue Isolate is even more powerful in RX 8. The module features improved Ambience Preservation, leaving a more natural sounding dialogue—even when noise reduction is pushed to drastic levels—to make sure your audience hears every word of your dialogue."
Maybe that's why there's 6 dB more noise using the same settings!!
I have to lower ambience preservation to match RX7, but hear no difference in quality.
Old 10th September 2020
Lives for gear

I actually think spectral recovery is one of the best reasons to upgrade, seemed to work quite naturally on restoring some remote recordings that were a little too filtered
Old 13th September 2020
Processed same audio with both 7&8, flipped phase and played them together, I do this every update. Very slight ghostly audio remained, so the algorithm has been updated. To my ears, could not tell difference between the results, although a very small sample.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Dialogue isolate is probably not the most amazing thing about 8-

my favs-

1- Guitar denoiser.

forget the name, the de hum module of this is probably one of the best available- it smokes the de hum module, and pretty much everyone elses dehum as well.

2- Spectral Denoise

super great sounding. actually on the last film I worked on my biggest problem was removing too much bg noise with it....

3- Spectral restore

adds back high freq content after denoising with the other tools.

4-De Rustle

It sounds as though they had done some work on this even though it is not mentioned.

The DX isolate is pretty good- and is great in moments, but the other enhancements are more notable I think.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post

my favs-

1- Guitar denoiser.

forget the name, the de hum module of this is probably one of the best available- it smokes the de hum module, and pretty much everyone elses dehum as well.

2- Spectral Denoise

super great sounding. actually on the last film I worked on my biggest problem was removing too much bg noise with it....

3- Spectral restore

4-De Rustle

It sounds as though they had done some work on this even though it is not mentioned.

The DX isolate is pretty good- and is great in moments, but the other enhancements are more notable I think.
damn. so i have to upgrade.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

For me there were 2 things that were worth the price of upgrading. Guitar Denoise, specifically the dehum. Charles, I really agree with you on this. Pretty great. It was a complete surprise for me. The second is horizontal scrolling. I know it's not as sexy as other features, but after you've spent hours and hours under the hood of the RX app, being able to easily scroll is SUCH a a welcome add. I just wonder why it wasn't there from the beginning.

Quote:

my favs-

1- Guitar denoiser.

2- Spectral Denoise

3- Spectral restore

4-De Rustle

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
Maybe that's why there's 6 dB more noise using the same settings!!
I have to lower ambience preservation to match RX7, but hear no difference in quality.
Thank you, I thought I was going nuts! Even at 0% amb preservation, it seemed like it was doing less reduction on the same settings I was used to using. Increased the reduction amount further and it seemed to get back into the ballpark I was used to hearing before on RX7.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

IDK Charles. Total respect!!

I love DX isolate, as you can preserve ambience, and leave a tiny bit of natural noise in. Resulting in no NR artifacts that says "NOISE REDUCTION"!!!

Please detail how you use Guitar denoiser for hum.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear