The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RMU, You and the Loudness Re-render
Old 31st August 2020
RMU, You and the Loudness Re-render

Anybody have any thoughts or experience on the Loudness re-render format? The manual says:

Quote:
2.2 New re-render options: 7.1.4 and Loudness

The re-render output matrix includes two new layouts: 7.1.4 and Loudness. These layouts are available when you create and map a re-render while configuring the re-render output matrix. The layouts appear as options in the Layout drop-down menus in the Re-renders and Properties windows.
Use the Loudness layout (which is a 5.1 layout) for loudness measurements. For example, run the loudness re-render into the DAW if you are using an external loudness plug-in. This will be more accurate than running a standard 5.1 re-render into an external plug-in.
Is anyone doing this? If I'm delivering a 5.1, and that is going to QC, that's what I want to be metering right? What's the idea with the Loudness re-render?
Show replies
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

I haven't had a chance to play with this yet, but I don't know why the Loudness re-render in 5.1 mode would be more accurate than using the 5.1 re-render that you are actually sending off to QC.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcapra View Post
Anybody have any thoughts or experience on the Loudness re-render format? The manual says:

Is anyone doing this? If I'm delivering a 5.1, and that is going to QC, that's what I want to be metering right? What's the idea with the Loudness re-render?
Show replies
Old 4th September 2020
Gear Addict

I did check it against a live 5.1 re-render and both match. The 5.1 meter was a instance of VisLm with the netflix 5.1 preset.
I was using the loudness re-render option
Show replies
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear