The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reaper render multichannel 5.1 for video editing
Old 2nd August 2020
Here for the gear

Reaper render multichannel 5.1 for video editing

I am created sampling music in 5.1 format in Reaper. However, I do not know how import the multitracks for further work with Da Vinci Resolve, so that in the editing video I could already work with the multitrack.
I have over 20 parts in my daw, this is a full symphony orchestra and each part has six channels for 5.1
as a result, after rendering, I have dozens of multitracks but I don't know how to transfer them to theDa Vinci Resolve video editing station. I would be grateful for your advice.
Old 3rd August 2020
Led
Lives for gear

Are you asking how to import them into Resolve? Just right click on the media pool window, choose 'import media' navigate to the folder where your audio files are, choose all the ones you want and hit enter. Then go to the Fairlight page and drag the files from the media pool onto the fairlight timeline.
You would be best to render5.1 stems for each orchestra section out of Reaper if you haven't, it will make handling them all easier.

If you're new to Resolve, Black Magic have a forum specifically for it, might be good to join up or have read over there as it will give you a lot of info.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

If you need help rendering from Reaper, just drop a line either here or in the Reaper forum.

I use both Reaper and DaVinci Resolve, though the second mostly for video.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear