The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HBO Soundfield Specs
Old 29th July 2020
HBO Soundfield Specs

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to deliver to HBO's Audio Technical Specs. They're requesting audio delivery in a single PCM file but in two Soundfield groups, stereo and 5.1. I'm unfamiliar with soundfield groups and googling just ends up with the mic company etc. It feels like it should be a simple question but I'm not coming up with much.

To put it another way, how can I export a two track PCM file that has two nested files, a stereo and surround mix?

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

THanks!
Old 30th July 2020
Led
Lives for gear

Looking at the specs, I'm just reading that as 2 files, 1 with a 6 channel 5.1 smpte order, and another with a 2 channel stereo (or dual mono if it be mono)?
Exact same length/sync.
I haven't come across the soundfield term in this context and haven't delivered to them before, so...
Old 30th July 2020
Maybe I was simply over thinking it and tracks is in reference to streaming and DVD tracks rather than tracks in an audio file. We'll submit them as discrete stereo and 5.1. Thanks for the help!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear