The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Source Live and AJA hardware not playing well together
Old 20th July 2020
Lives for gear

Exclamation Source Live and AJA hardware not playing well together

Turns out that Source Live 3.0 will beachball on launch with macOS 10.14.6 if the machine booted up with AJA hardware (T-Tap) attached. Took me a long time to figure out why SL was doing this, and this is frustrating since I really don't want to disconnect my video interface while using Source Live. This combination worked together in macOS 10.12.6 (although SL couldn't actually use the AJA hardware, but at least they worked in parallel).

Any experiences/recommendations from the braintrust?
Old 20th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Source connect seems to play a bit funny with AJA drivers installed. We had some strange issues when the AJA Kona drivers were automatically selected as the i/o at launch (by default). If you then selected a different driver ('sc-link' for example) then closed and re-opened source connect it worked like a charm, but if you changed it during the first load up it would present issues.

We called support for this and the engineer we talked to was extremely knowledgable and got to the route of the problem pretty quickly. Might be worth giving that a go, even though it does cost.
📝 Reply