The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Surround monitor upgrade - options, opinions
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear

This was an option in OLD firmware. At some point it seems like they removed this, or I am dumb, as I cannot find it either.

I use electrical tape.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyh3dron View Post
Question for 708p owners in this thread, since I don't know where else to post this:

The 708p manual mentions the existence of a "FRONT PANEL LED" option in its menu.

I don't see that in the menu of my brand new straight-from-the-factory 708p speakers.

Is there any way to disable these LEDs? Is there some firmware update available for them that I can't seem to find?
Old 18th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
This was an option in OLD firmware. At some point it seems like they removed this, or I am dumb, as I cannot find it either.

I use electrical tape.

Randall
That's disappointing, for such an expensive piece of kit.
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Addict
For some reason I thought I had seen it on the menu of one of my speakers, but then I tried finding it again and couldn't. I used electrical tape as well as my 708Ps are behind an acoustic transparent screen. :(
Old 9th September 2020
Would like to share my decision and hear your critiques..... I believe I've decided on Dynaudio Core 47 for LCR and use my BM5a for surrounds. Its not ideal.... in a perfect world I'd choose all ATC and match the entire 7.2.4 with the same speaker.

But... times are tough and stepping up slowly is the current plan. I'll use the 47s for a while and eventually move to Core 59 in LCR, with the 47s as surrounds.

Most curious to hear what people think of using that horizontal 3 way as a center channel? Sales rep and Dynaudio literature indicate it should be fine.
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
Most curious to hear what people think of using that horizontal 3 way as a center channel? Sales rep and Dynaudio literature indicate it should be fine.
I've used horizontal 3-ways before for LCR (ATC SCM25A). No issue.
Just make sure you are aligning that center of the speaker's acoustic axis. On the SCM25A (which I'm guessing is true for the Core 47 because of its baffle layout), it is the midrange/tweeter that is the axis. So the woofer will be to the left or right of center. Not an issue but don't try to center the speaker cabinet instead. That would be wrong.
📝 Reply