The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Our new Dolby Atmos mix room
Old 2 weeks ago
Our new Dolby Atmos mix room

Some of you may have heard about it already on Social media, but I wouldn't be a gearslut at heart if I didn't post (brag...) about it here.
I have tons of pictures so expect a full construction diary soon.

https://youtu.be/fCPAMDeZybk a walkaround of the studio
https://youtu.be/iPF4fibpj20 demo of our sit-stand console!
Attached Thumbnails
Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200618_183654.jpg   Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200618_183620.jpg   Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200618_183626.jpg   Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200618_183639.jpg   Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200618_183902.jpg  

Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200609_082139.jpg   Our new Dolby Atmos mix room-img_20200608_091215.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Congratulations Steven, what a great mixing space!
Would be great to see full construction diary
Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
A few details and specs :

Room volume is 585 cubic meters
Screen base=7m (1:1.85 ratio)
Screen channels : 3 x JBL 4675C
LFE channel : 2x JBL 5628
Surround and top: 34 x JBL 9320
Monitoring is through a QSC Core110 sending QLan to a stack of QSC amps (somewhere around 30 000 Watts of amplification).

Console is a hybrid System5 and S6. Both can be installed in ANY position on the desk. The whole console chassis is a Frozen Fish Design sit-stand, so now I can get rid of back ache while mixing standing up.

The default DAW setup is Nuendo or ProTools on 2x 2019 Mac Pro (12 core), and the stem recorder is running on a HP Z HDX2 machine.

We have full DCP playback (up to Atmos obviously) from a Dolby IMS3000 media block in a 15000 Lumens Christie CP2215.

Lots of space for the clients, and we can lower the desk below sitting position and move the front couches and place them behind the console for a super comfy "projection mode".
Old 2 weeks ago
Congrats, Steven! Great room!
Old 2 weeks ago
Looks AMAZING ( and I am sure sounds just as good). Congrats...

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 1 week ago at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

nice room, congratulations Steven!

Great idea with the possibility to stand while mixing. I have an adjustable desk in my office, which was one of the best decisions ever.
The desks of our video editors are adjustable for sitting and standing as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Congratulations and all the best for the new room. Does the S6 works fine with Nuendo?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Amazing space - top stuff
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Congratulations and all the best for the new room. Does the S6 works fine with Nuendo?
Still evaluating that part. There are obviously some features that exist for PT and not for Nuendo (VCA spill for example).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
Still evaluating that part. There are obviously some features that exist for PT and not for Nuendo (VCA spill for example).
Any reason why you didn´t opt for the Nuage system?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Any reason why you didn´t opt for the Nuage system?
The Nuage is a great system, but this is a studio that my partners and I can't fill on our own as Re-recording Mixers (would love to, but I'm a realist) . Most freelance Mixers who would be coming in on behalf of their producer clients want to mix on ProTools, and that means going down the S6 road.
The cost of the whole thing is such that I can't be taking the risk of not having what most clients would be expecting, even if I will be mostly mixing with Nuendo on projects that we handle in-house.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
The Nuage is a great system, but this is a studio that my partners and I can't fill on our own as Re-recording Mixers (would love to, but I'm a realist) . Most freelance Mixers who would be coming in on behalf of their producer clients want to mix on ProTools, and that means going down the S6 road.
The cost of the whole thing is such that I can't be taking the risk of not having what most clients would be expecting, even if I will be mostly mixing with Nuendo on projects that we handle in-house.
Ya, I understand. Hope everything goes well and smooth! All the best!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear