The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ipDTL & Digi 003 on Mac Pro not playing well together
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

ipDTL & Digi 003 on Mac Pro not playing well together

With all the remote working, I've used a number of apps/sftware with my home studio for recording VO & ADR for film & tv. All have worked well with my system hardware except ipDTL.

Has anyone managed to route the audio from a Digi 003 rack into the ipDTL interface?

The 003 shows up in the ipDTL source input dropdown menu, but when selected, no audio comes through. I've also tried Loopback & creating an aggregate input, but nothing seems to work.

Anything I may be overlooking?

For the record, we are using the ipDTL browser, Digi 003 Rack, Mac Pro 5,1 (w/32 GB RAM) running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I wonder if it has anything to do with it been a firewire device. Do you have a USB option to compare with?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt82aust View Post
I wonder if it has anything to do with it been a firewire device. Do you have a USB option to compare with?
Since I posted this, I've also heard back from ipDTL support, and they said Firewire should not make a difference, as it was more about whether or not the 003 was a "class compliant" device.

If I'm understanding the term "class compliant" correctly, I'm guessing since the 003 requires a separate driver to work on the Mac, it is NOT class compliant.

But as I said before, I've no problem with the 003 using Source-Connect, ConnectionOpen or even Zoom.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear