The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect?

Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect before it is being applied to the audio signal?

I was wondering because if I want to use for example saturation but only apply some saturation to the mid-range of an audio signal, how would I go about that if the saturation plugin itself does not allow this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Easiest way would be using a saturator plugin that can apply saturation to different hz ranges but you can do that manually also.

Just duplicate your audio. EQ the duplicate and apply the saturation to it. Then adjust the levels of the two audio files so it is what you desire. You could also cut the saturated hz range off the orginal audio if you don't get the results you want.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There are multi-band processors that allow for this.

BlueCat has one, The Pro Series plug ins from Avid have one as well.

You set the cross overs and bring the split audio back into a number of aux/bus tracks.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegretto View Post
Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect before it is being applied to the audio signal?

I was wondering because if I want to use for example saturation but only apply some saturation to the mid-range of an audio signal, how would I go about that if the saturation plugin itself does not allow this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you for the replies!

Somehow I was hoping there is a way to just smartly integrate it in the Plug-in chain of the channel strip but obviously that isn't that simple.
It is actually on a software instrument VI on which I wanted to use it and stay flexible regarding the source. Anyway, obviously I have to wait til the end until I have actual audio stems to work with.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegretto View Post
Thank you for the replies!

Somehow I was hoping there is a way to just smartly integrate it in the Plug-in chain of the channel strip but obviously that isn't that simple.
It is actually on a software instrument VI on which I wanted to use it and stay flexible regarding the source. Anyway, obviously I have to wait til the end until I have actual audio stems to work with.
I think you can do what ever "your imagination" allows.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Hell yes.

EQ's on the output or input of reverb is an essential tool.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear