The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NEW Immersive Cinematic Rooms Reverb by Liquidsonics
Old 1st June 2020
Lives for gear

NEW Immersive Cinematic Rooms Reverb by Liquidsonics

I have been part of the Beta team on an Amazing New Dolby Atmos Capable Immersive Reverb :
LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb

It's "Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms"
It is an AMAZING Sounding Immersive Reverb that is very easy to use and it rock solid reliable! It has a ton of presets to fiddle with and create your own from.
There's a Free Demo link on their website: https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/cinematic-rooms/

Last edited by dr.sound; 1st June 2020 at 07:03 PM..
Old 1st June 2020
Lives for gear

Interesting! Marti, how would you rate its algorithms / the presets for post? And is it a replacement/improvement over Exponential verbs for dia/foley/sfx mixing for your workflow?
Cheers!
Old 1st June 2020
Lives for gear

I really like the rooms on "Cinematic Rooms". It is well priced and rock solid. It gives me another Dolby Atmos capable reverb. It is worth the effort to download a trial version and let me know what you think!
Old 2nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Very interesting. Download the demo right away this morning after seeing their announcement email.

What's your thought on the sound quality? Sonic wise, which of other reverb from Liquidsonics do you consider the closest to the Cenimatic Rooms? I'm going to test it tomorrow.
Also very interested in the comparison between this and the Exponential immersive reverbs (Symphony 3D).
Old 4 weeks ago
Immediately in my template, wonderful
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinla View Post
Immediately in my template, wonderful
Glad you like it Andy! It's really good!
Old 4 weeks ago
sounds great, buttery smooth sounding rooms!

when automating presets, is there any way to know what the original preset (that's maybe been slightly tweaked) was? The plugin doesn't seem to update the preset names with automation.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
I really like the rooms on "Cinematic Rooms". It is well priced and rock solid. It gives me another Dolby Atmos capable reverb. It is worth the effort to download a trial version and let me know what you think!
Does it work well on other immersive formats like Auro or MPEG-H based like Sony 360 as well? Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't know if it works on "Auro or MPEG-H based like Sony 360 as well?"
Why don't you download the the free demo and try it and tell us what you found.
It won't cost you any money to try.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I don't know if it works on "Auro or MPEG-H based like Sony 360 as well?"
Why don't you download the the free demo and try it and tell us what you found.
It won't cost you any money to try.
I don´t have a multichannel immersive layout at the moment to try it. I thought you could do Auro on your stage, hence the question. Sorry for wasting your time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
I don´t have a multichannel immersive layout at the moment to try it. I thought you could do Auro on your stage, hence the question. Sorry for wasting your time.
Paulo,
On any software it's always best to try it out yourself. I haven't mixed anything in Auro in nearly 5 years. There really isn't any content in Auro these days except Music.
I don't do anything in Sony 360 because there isn't a financial return for the effort. I therefore suggested you try it out. Even if you don't have an immersive set up at this time CR is a great sounding reverb that works well in 5.1.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Paulo,
On any software it's always best to try it out yourself. I haven't mixed anything in Auro in nearly 5 years. There really isn't any content in Auro these days except Music.
I don't do anything in Sony 360 because there isn't a financial return for the effort. I therefore suggested you try it out. Even if you don't have an immersive set up at this time CR is a great sounding reverb that works well in 5.1.
Hi Marti, I agree, I always like to try a product myself. Unfortunately even 5.1 is out of my reach for the moment. I guess that a good multichannel reverb that allows horizontal and vertical assignment will work well in most common immersive setups. At least in general post for movies etc. I was just curious if the reverbs on CR would be suited for immersive music only mixes. I´m interested in Atmos for music, but also on the Sony format that is based on MPEG-H. Sometimes reverbs that work well in post are not the most adequate for music mixing only, but that´s of course a very subjective matter.
Thanks for your input anyway.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi,
1st of all congratulations: the reverb sounds fantastic!

I'm in the demo period right now, Mac pro with Pro Tools Ultimate

maybe I'm doing something completely wrong but, I have a problem with automation. I'm automating between different presets during the film. First I have included all parameters in the plug-in automation parameter list. Then in write mode, at the right moment I choose the desired preset. OK. The reverb sound changes indeed during play, but unfortunately the Preset Name does not, So for example if I was in "Small Room" and automate to "Cathedral", the GUI still shows "Small Room" (the last name I selected manually), albeit the sound and the other GUI elements change.

Or in other words, while in Stop, if I click to various points in the timeline, the GUI knobs change accordingly but the Preset name does not. So it's very difficult to know what I'm doing.
This does not happen in Revibe for example.

Any advice would be welcome.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Preset names generally do not change, unless they are bound to some sort of parameter.
What you see changing in Revibe is not the actual preset name but merely the 'early reflections' profile. The actual preset includes time, size, length, eq, etc. Though to be fair there are many presets using the same name as the ER profile used in that preset. This is the same with other reverbs where there is a parameter bound to a name, like many of the impulse response reverbs.
Old 3 weeks ago
In Exponential reverbs the preset names do change with automation. In Slapper there is a button that show's what the original preset was and the percentage of parameters changed, so it's doable. Its a useful feature IMO that is missing from Cinematic Rooms. Maybe in an update?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks farhoof for the clarification. I just got the response from Matt @ Liquidsonics offering a technical explanation. Basically when changing a parameter the plug-in would have to check against a database to see if it finds a matching preset.
It is logical, but being used to altiverb (IR) and Revibe, I find it very useful to have a textual confirmation of what I'm applying at each moment.
It is not comfortable to see "small room" in the plug-in and hear a cathedral reverb.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear