The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
5.1 Mixing and 5.1 Streaming
Old 28th April 2020
5.1 Mixing and 5.1 Streaming

I recently got inspired to look into what it might take to set up a 5.1 mix environment and went into a rather deep rabbit hole. After a fair amount of exploration, I've got a rather basic question.

I currently am running a native 2.1 setup on Protools 2020 on Windows 10 using the ASIO driver with a UR824 AI which has 8 TRS (plus 2 ADATs) outputs.

I know I can upgrade from Protools to Protools Ultimate to get surround support so I can mix in 5.1 with appropriate plugins. And I assume PT Ultimate will use the ASIO driver to let me drive through my AI to a 5.1 monitoring setup.

So my basic question:

Is there some way to stream 5.1 from a service through a Windows computer and use the same set of 5.1 monitors for both Protools mixing and video/audio 5.1 streaming? I'm thinking something like driving the streaming output to the ASIO driver and out through my AI interface (I'm aware of the multi-headed issues on ASIO).

I'm reading some about different streaming formats from different services. I think iTunes and Netflix are supporting surround streaming to PCs but it seems that some require specific hardware. For instance Netflix supports Windows 10 but my impression is that you need to stream through the computer to an HDMI port to an AVR or Apple TV that is capable of supporting surround. ATMOS is another layer on top of that I think which might require ATMOS capable AVR/TV. For this Netflix example with an Apple TV, to switch between the TV and Protools, you would need some sort of external audio switch in front of the 5.1 monitoring. I'm kind of hoping I don't need to buy a AVR/TV and switch to mix and stream on the same monitors.

Any advice on what services or surround formats would work in my described mixing environment would be appreciated.
Show replies
Old 29th April 2020
Digging further, I found that the UR824 Windows driver does not allow setting anything other than 2 channels. I did find a post (from 2013) on the UR824 where someone said they were using JRiver Media Center with ASIO to bypass the Windows Mixer limitation and run 7.1 audio through their UR824. Looks like a media library like iTunes but has a lot of configuration options.

Does anyone have any experience with that software?
Show replies
Old 29th April 2020
Gear Guru

You don't need special hardware for Netflix as far as I know. But I think you need to use their UWP app on Windows 10. I'm on W10Pro using the app and I get 5.1 surround fine with my Lynx TWO-B. The Netflix app just uses Windows' selected audio output device which I set up as 5.1 with bass management in Windows settings. So no special hardware for anything.

But yeah, that's with my specific pro-audio interface. Not sure how other drivers appear to Windows.

One thing though is that the Lynx is a bit finicky with some software, so I really need to pay attention to what apps are open when I try to open something that requires audio. Pro Tools for example simply takes over my Lynx just fine even if I have Edge open. Nuendo doesn't however and I need to close down Edge and Netflix etc before starting it. Same with Davinci Resolve.
Show replies
Old 29th April 2020
The Netflix app seems pretty good under Windows 10. If you get stuck with windows and interface drivers, ASIO Bridge by VB Audio can be quite handy. It allows you to select a virtual output for Windows & system sound, then it passes the sound straight onto your ASIO interface. Something also worth noting is that some streaming services are currently only offering stereo and HD content at the moment to save on bandwidth during the coronavirus outbreak.
Show replies
Old 29th April 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
If you get stuck with windows and interface drivers, ASIO Bridge by VB Audio can be quite handy. It allows you to select a virtual output for Windows & system sound, then it passes the sound straight onto your ASIO interface.
Thanks for your responses. I think my current problem is the result of Steinberg's driver support doesn't allow you to set anything other than 2 channel 24 bit 48K in Control Panel>Sound>Playback>Advanced. Odd for a unit that supports 24 channels from a DAW and claims to support 7.1 surround with its 8 outputs.

I'm hoping VB Audio will solve my issue. Will have to do more research.

Thanks again.

Show replies
Old 30th April 2020
Hi there!
I was having kind of a similar problem I guess, I'm still in Pro tools 11 and I wanted to work with my ambisonic recordings but I would need Pro tools ultimate in order to be able to do that.
I did some research and I came to realize that at least for me, Reaper is a really great option!
They have a stock plugin called Rea Surround that really seems to make the trick! (You can find it in the surround section)
I had never used the software but so far it seems pretty straight forward! I've been enjoying it a lot actually!
I'm attaching a picture so that you can see where to change the format from stereo to 5.1 and maybe try it in your computer.
Hopefully it works for you too!

https://ibb.co/PtT35S7

Regards
Show replies
Old 13th May 2020
Thanks Daniel. Will keep Reaper in mind.

Right now stuck waiting for some speakers to show up - stuck in the UPS pipe. Next will be to get past steinberg UR824 driver issue with Voicemeeter Potato I think. Then will have to decide about DAW stuff.

In parallel I'm working on some room acoustic treatment - trying to decide if I want to design my cloud to not preclude 7.1.4, which is another discussion relative to Windows/Atmos/DTS:X with no apparent path now - this is a deep hole I'm digging. But it seems to be amusing for now.
Show replies
Old 13th May 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Thanks Daniel. Will keep Reaper in mind.

Right now stuck waiting for some speakers to show up - stuck in the UPS pipe. Next will be to get past steinberg UR824 driver issue with Voicemeeter Potato I think. Then will have to decide about DAW stuff.

In parallel I'm working on some room acoustic treatment - trying to decide if I want to design my cloud to not preclude 7.1.4, which is another discussion relative to Windows/Atmos/DTS:X with no apparent path now - this is a deep hole I'm digging. But it seems to be amusing for now.

Cool man! you let me know! Hopefully it works for you too!
Always exciting to try new things and get new gear in the studio!
May I ask which speakers did you get?
Show replies
Old 15th May 2020
Gear Addict
Devnull,
I just went down this path myself. That software you mentioned works wonderfully jriver or something like that. It sends directly to asio driver.
As far as netflix app I'm sending it through my monitor Hdmi output and using a 7.1 hdmi audio extractor to send to my monitor controller. And it also works well. Let me know if you figured it out.
Show replies
Old 20th June 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.abrusci View Post
May I ask which speakers did you get?
Sorry for the delay - need to monitor my own thread -thought it went quiet...

I have a Bluesky Pro Desk 2.1 setup (2 Sat 5 and 1 Sub 8). As part of this surround sound stuff I happened to be poking around on Reverb and found someone selling a Bluesky Pro desk 5.1 setup (5 Sat 5, 1 Sub 8, a BMC (Bass Management Controller) and a BMC remote) - for a very reasonable price - at least before we had to renegotiate the shipping costs. I also picked up a 2nd BMC on Reverb.

So now I have speakers for 7.1 with two subs and bass management for up to 10.1. At minimum - I'll get a dual sub setup with calibration in the BMC for my 2.1 configuration - and I'll have the ability to try getting a 5.1 or 7.1 environment up for at least streaming. If I get that far, it might be time to consider Protools Ultimate.

I've considered trying to get four more Sat 5's, and a 3rd BMC to get to 11.1 in case I want to get to 7.1.4, but I definitely need to get pass the UR824 stereo driver issue before I even consider that and will need a 2nd UR824 to get past 7.1. Right now I'm just trying to plan my room around allowing for top speakers at some later time. 7.1.4 probably will have to wait till either Dolby or DTS offers a Windows solution - which may never happen.

Haven't had much time to play with solving the drive issue since I last posted. I'll definitely report back on how this works.
Show replies
Old 20th June 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Devnull,
I just went down this path myself. That software you mentioned works wonderfully jriver or something like that. It sends directly to asio driver.
As far as netflix app I'm sending it through my monitor Hdmi output and using a 7.1 hdmi audio extractor to send to my monitor controller. And it also works well. Let me know if you figured it out.
Can I ask what "audio extractor" and what "monitor controller" you have and what type of interfaces they have? My BMCs (monitor controllers) have balanced XLR inputs. This is kind of the heart of why I started this thread.

Right now I know how to get:

Protools -> Windows (Stereo) ->
ASIO -> UR824 AI -> Balanced cables ->
Bass Management Controller -> Monitors

I think what I'm hoping will work is:

Protools -> Windows (7.1) -> (JRiver/VB Audio) -> (ASIO)
Netflix.. -> Windows (7.1) -> (JRiver/VB Audio) -> (ASIO)
ASIO -> UR824 AI -> Balanced cables ->
Bass Management Controller -> Monitors
Show replies
Old 20th June 2020
Gear Addict
Hi Devnull,

the HDMI audio extractor I got was this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The monitor controller I have is:
https://reverb.com/item/26300127-mar...oller-w-remote

It is setup for larger Dub Stage or a facility with a larger console. So it's got tons of inputs and outputs. It handles Bass redirection (for some reason it's not called bass management. I believe because you can't control the crossover frequency. It's set to 80hz I believe) But it does the job.

So, you can have (2) separate 7.1 set of monitors. Or (1) 7.1 set + (1) 5.1 + (1) Stereo + (1) Mono. So with the click of a button you can downmix 7.1 or 5.1 to stereo or mono. It also sends out pink noise so you can calibrate your monitors in the room (very helpful because there are no unknowns if say, the file you play on your computer is not the correct volume, or if there is some stage gain issues down your path)

Currently, I can send 5.1 surround to my L/R/C and my LS/RS and my sub from Reaper and from ProTools via the ASIO driver. I can download files and play them in JRiver again in 5.1 through ASIO Driver.

If I play Netflix from the NetFlix App in Windows I select my audio to go to the HDMI which is feeding my projector. Before it hits the projector I process it with the Audio Extractor above and feed that to my MartinSound MultiMax on a separate input. (there are about 3 or 4 different inputs that each take 8 channels IN if I remember correctly) The only draw back is that because of the extractor being a consumer device, it is at -10db I believe so the audio coming out of Netflix App is lower than when I play audio through DAW or JRiver. so I have to bump up the volume. The unit does have Toslink Digital Out, but I have not gotten it to work and feed my Audio Interface Digital IN. Would be nice to get it to work as the Analogue introduces a little buzzing on my monitors.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Show replies
Old 20th June 2020
Thanks Siniarch. That's a really flexible mux box. Your environment is a lot more complex than mine for sure. The audio extractor you mentioned is in the realm of something I might need - still hoping I can do the muxing with software. Maybe time to bite the bullet and just try something. JRiver has a 30 day free trial and it only cost $60 if I decide I like it, VB Audio stuff is free (pay if you like).
Show replies
Old 27th June 2020
So I downloaded JRiver Media Center 26.0.80 and am working through setting it up.

When it is configured with a WMD front end and talking to ASIO on the back end AND I bring up Protools, so far they are fighting over the ASIO interface. Protools is locked out. Decided to try to get multi-path through Media Center (MC) to work first then worry about Pro Tools.

So far, have gotten Netflix, Spotify, and iTunes to play 5.1 through MC to UR824 to speakers, so yes - JRiver can bypass the Yamaha Steinberg UR824 USB driver's WASAPI interface and drive multi-channel to the UR824 ASIO interface. Will get back to the Protools/MC ASIO contention next.
Show replies
Old 27th June 2020
So I have JRiver configured as the Windows Default Audio Device and its output points to ASIO.

If JRiver is not running - you will not hear any sound from Windows programs.

With Pro Tools not running:
I can run JRiver and play media through its WDM to the UR824 ASIO.

With JRiver not running:
I can run Pro Tools through the ASIO driver.

In other words, the both seem to cleanly release the ASIO interface and you can run them orthogonally.

If I open JRiver when Pro Tools is already running, it comes up. But running an audio stream to the WMD results trying to open an audio path to ASIO, but it just waits there. If I close Pro Tools, it completes the open and starts playing (kind of nice).

If I open Pro Tools while JRiver is running (and playing), Pro Tools comes up. If I open a session, I get an error about not be able to map the I/O. The reason this happens is that the session tried to get the Playback Engine it was configured for (Steinberg ASIO), found it was not available, and switched to another Playback engine in the list. One time, it picked JRiver WMD. One time it Picked ASIO4All. Once there, its mapping did not match what it was expecting.

First Recovery Options:
Close the Pro Tools Session without saving.
Close JRiver
Reopen the Session

Second Recovery Option:
If you managed to close the session with a save, it will remember the change to the playback engine and you will get an error the next time you open it.
Close JRiver
Open the session
Dismiss the error
Let the session finish opening.
Hardware>Playback Engine: Select the correct ASIO interface you want.
Pro Tools will save and reopen the session and it should be OK.

I've installed the Steinberg ASIO Multi-Server also. I'm not seeing it in the selection list of ASIO Interfaces on Pro Tools or JRiver so I haven't tried it. Using the programs orthogonally not a problem for me so I leave it at this point.

--------
The following is some speculation on my part - I have not seen any of the problems described or tried any software mentioned.
-------
One thing that may cause a potential problem. If you use JRiver to play media in it's library when it is pointing to an ASIO interface, it will change the ASIO device's (e.g. UR824's) sample rate to match the sample rate of the media it is playing through the library (e.g. it sets it to 44.1 kHz when playing a CD). This is probably a smart thing for a media player that supports multiple audio formats with different sample rates. But, depending where you leave things, it may have changed the sample rate on the audio device to be something other than you want for some other application (like Pro Tools). So maybe its best to set the UR824 sample rate as required after you close MC and before you start a DAW (e.g Pro Tools). My guess is you could do this while Pro Tools is running with the session is closed and then reopen the session. I read that the Steinberg multi-client ASIO Interface expects you to NOT change the sample rate of the ASIO Device (UR824) from an application (because the other clients may not be able to deal with it dynamically changing). I think VB Audio's VB-Cable in conjunction with their Hi-Fi Cable (Audio Bridge) might allow two clients to an ASIO device to have different sample rates - I'm thinking of Pro Tools as one client and MC as the other. But I haven't tried it and don't know if it will provide a 'virtual control interface' for the clients, whether its conversion would have any measurable effect, or whether any latency in those products would cause a problem for Pro Tools and its delay compensation.
Show replies
Old 3rd July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
So I have JRiver configured as the Windows Default Audio Device and its output points to ASIO.

If JRiver is not running - you will not hear any sound from Windows programs.

With Pro Tools not running:
I can run JRiver and play media through its WDM to the UR824 ASIO.

With JRiver not running:
I can run Pro Tools through the ASIO driver.

In other words, the both seem to cleanly release the ASIO interface and you can run them orthogonally.

If I open JRiver when Pro Tools is already running, it comes up. But running an audio stream to the WMD results trying to open an audio path to ASIO, but it just waits there. If I close Pro Tools, it completes the open and starts playing (kind of nice).

If I open Pro Tools while JRiver is running (and playing), Pro Tools comes up. If I open a session, I get an error about not be able to map the I/O. The reason this happens is that the session tried to get the Playback Engine it was configured for (Steinberg ASIO), found it was not available, and switched to another Playback engine in the list. One time, it picked JRiver WMD. One time it Picked ASIO4All. Once there, its mapping did not match what it was expecting.

First Recovery Options:
Close the Pro Tools Session without saving.
Close JRiver
Reopen the Session

Second Recovery Option:
If you managed to close the session with a save, it will remember the change to the playback engine and you will get an error the next time you open it.
Close JRiver
Open the session
Dismiss the error
Let the session finish opening.
Hardware>Playback Engine: Select the correct ASIO interface you want.
Pro Tools will save and reopen the session and it should be OK.

I've installed the Steinberg ASIO Multi-Server also. I'm not seeing it in the selection list of ASIO Interfaces on Pro Tools or JRiver so I haven't tried it. Using the programs orthogonally not a problem for me so I leave it at this point.

--------
The following is some speculation on my part - I have not seen any of the problems described or tried any software mentioned.
-------
One thing that may cause a potential problem. If you use JRiver to play media in it's library when it is pointing to an ASIO interface, it will change the ASIO device's (e.g. UR824's) sample rate to match the sample rate of the media it is playing through the library (e.g. it sets it to 44.1 kHz when playing a CD). This is probably a smart thing for a media player that supports multiple audio formats with different sample rates. But, depending where you leave things, it may have changed the sample rate on the audio device to be something other than you want for some other application (like Pro Tools). So maybe its best to set the UR824 sample rate as required after you close MC and before you start a DAW (e.g Pro Tools). My guess is you could do this while Pro Tools is running with the session is closed and then reopen the session. I read that the Steinberg multi-client ASIO Interface expects you to NOT change the sample rate of the ASIO Device (UR824) from an application (because the other clients may not be able to deal with it dynamically changing). I think VB Audio's VB-Cable in conjunction with their Hi-Fi Cable (Audio Bridge) might allow two clients to an ASIO device to have different sample rates - I'm thinking of Pro Tools as one client and MC as the other. But I haven't tried it and don't know if it will provide a 'virtual control interface' for the clients, whether its conversion would have any measurable effect, or whether any latency in those products would cause a problem for Pro Tools and its delay compensation.
I was not aware that you could use JRiver like this. I thought it was just to play Video or Audio files. But this is a nice way to handle things. Specially if you can get Netflix to play in Surround Sound. I will see if I can do this and avoid having to use the HDMI Audio Extractor as that doesn't sound as good in my setup. (reduced volume and introduces hiss).
I'd like to see if my Plex App can also output surround sound, like the Netflix app can. Thanks for the info.
Show replies
Old 3rd July 2020
So I found out you can control how JRiver remaps between sample rates when the source doesn't match the AI. For each sample frequency, you can tell it to "do nothing" or to map to a particular frequency. So if for instance you wanted to keep it from changing your audio interface's settings (to match whatever it is trying to play) you can do that by remapping everything to whatever sample frequency you like.

The one thing I don't like about it so far is that when you are not playing something out of the library - it will dynamically open and close the audio path for the WDM interface depending on whether something is streaming or not. It takes it a few seconds to open. It waits a while (seems to vary depending on how long its been open) before it shuts down the path when streaming stops. For streaming movies or something like Spotify that is playing continuously, no problem. If you want to hear the beeps and boops from your applications or are listening to short sound clips - Sound Cloud, sound effects, whatever - it's annoying. It was particularly ironic that it is almost impossible to use the Windows speaker test to see if you have your multi-channels assigned to the right speakers. I ended up playing something softly on Spotify so I could get the test to stream through the path. I've suggested they just leave the path open if they've got no place better to be - so far they are not jumping on that - I'll update this thread if that changes.

I'll probably make the JRiver WDM the default audio device when I'm streaming multi-channel stuff, but make the UR824 stereo WDM the default audio interface when I'm working on the computer.
Show replies
Old 4th July 2020
Gear Addict
"I'll probably make the JRiver WDM the default audio device when I'm streaming multi-channel stuff, but make the UR824 stereo WDM the default audio interface when I'm working on the computer."

That sounds like a great idea. I might do the same.
Show replies
Old 4th July 2020
Was playing around some more today. Reconfirmed that I'm getting Netflix in 5.1 - can hear dialog is only on C, hear ambience on L/R and hear just birds on Ls/Rs (watching Magicians). I'm not so sure about Spotify at the moment. I"m playing what they say is a 5.1 source, and JRiver says its receiving a 6 ch source, but not getting any output on C, Ls, Rs. I'm assuming it's Spotify at the moment (not on premium BTW). I don't think it could be anything else. The Windows speaker test works OK (with Spotify playing on top of it to keep the JRiver path open). I'll have to look at that some more later.

I responded to JRiver's "how's it going" email today - reiterated what I said on Forum. Will see what they say.
Show replies
Old 18th July 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
ASIO Bridge by VB Audio can be quite handy.
Thanks for the suggestion!

ASIO Bridge seems to do what I need.

I had my UR824 set to 96 KHz samples, 1024 sample buffer.
I had ASIO bridge set to 6 channel 96 kHz 24bit input and 2 channel 96 kHz 24bit output (UR824 has 8 inputs but windows limits WDM recording to 2).
Setting it as the default windows device, it works fine with:
Netflix App (5.1, 640 kbps compressed)
Youtube (Stereo)
Spotify (Stereo)
iTunes (Stereo, 44.1K)
Sound Cloud (Stereo)
Windows CP>Sound>Hi-Fi Cable Input>Configure>Speaker Test (5.1)
Should work with 7.1 as well if I had the speakers setup and a source to play.

The GUI shows you levels on all input and output channels so you can tell what you've got coming through (e.g. stereo vs 5.1).

ASIO Bridge does not do sample rate conversion. I believe it needs to be set to match your audio interface settings in Windows control panel. Windows handles sample rate/bit depth/channel fold down of WDM inputs to match the settings of the ASIO Bridge (afaik).

----------------------------------
As far as interaction with Pro Tools:

There is a switch in ASIO Bridge to turn "ASIO ON" and "ASIO OFF".
With ASIO OFF set (even with ASIO Bridge application running), you can start protools and play sessions.
With protools not running you can turn ASIO ON and it will send audio from its inputs to the ASIO driver.

If you happen to start Protools while ASIO Bridge has ASIO ON. Protools will not see the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver (it is in use) and it will switch the playback engine to the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver (which did not work as setup for Protools). If can leave Protools running, got to ASIO Bridge and turn ASIO OFF, and then you can set the Protools Playback Engine to Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver and continue.

If you are running protools and you set ASIO Bridge ASIO ON, it doesn't affect protools, but ASIO Bridge will say that the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO (Stopped) - like when you set ASIO OFF (even though it says ASIO ON). If you stop protools, and set ASIO OFF and ASIO ON, ASIO bridge resumes playing to the ASIO driver.

No reboot, no close Pro Tools, no close ASIO Bridge. ASIO Bridge also has an option on its panel to put it in the system tray (start on Boot up). So really the only thing to remember is to ASIO OFF before starting protools and to ASIO ON after stopping protools.
--------------------------

So what you gain with ASIO bridge is being able to play multi-channel on a UR824 from Windows applications.

What you loose with ASIO Bridge over the Steinberg WDM is that the Steinberg WDM lets the WDM audio play stereo through to the ASIO driver and you get the "merge" of Protools and WDM audio to your monitors. This may or may not be what you want. In my case, it was usually a don't care (at least after I set my system sounds level down a bit on the Windows mixer), but I did use it with a loop back cable to record reference audio material from a CD into a protools track.

I'd say VB Audio's documentation is a bit 'sparse' but the program is relatively straight forward - it clues you into needing to reboot after installation or certain configuration changes. It has uninstall support and seems to uninstall cleanly. Also seemingly well behaved (once you figure out how to use the minimal GUI which is mostly obvious - just click on what you can it you'll find out what it does through there's not that many controls).

I like that it doesn't behave the way JRiver's WDM seems to (assuming there is no way to configure around this) in that JRiver would quiesce its audio path when nothing was playing and it took a few seconds to reopen when audio did start (often missing things like 'beeps' from applications or the beginnings of songs in streamed audio from streamers that don't add some 'air' when starting up).

Show replies
Old 22nd July 2020
To finish up, I still like JRiver as a Media Library/Metadata manager and DNLA server. My final setup is as follows:

UR824 - 24 bit / 192kHz (8 Inputs) currently driving a 5.1 monitor with bass management

Windows Sound Default Device - Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable - aka AudioBridge w/ASIO ON)
Windows Sound Configured as 192kHz-24bit-5.1 Out / 192kHz-24bit 2 channel In
Thus ASIO Bridge is providing a 5.1 192kHz/24 bit WDM to ASIO.

JRiver
..Settings Button>Playback>Options
.......Audio Device> Hi-Fi Cable Input
....... ... Device Settings> 24 bit Integer
..Settings Button> DSP Studio
......Output Format Checked:
...........Sample Rate: Convert all to 192,000 Hz
...........Channels: 5.1 channels
...........Mixing: No upmixing or downmixing (Stereo source plays as Stereo on 2 channels)
.........Subwoofer: Silent (use Room correction to redirect bass to subwoofer)
..Toos Options>:General>Features: WDM Driver (not checked)
........Media Network: Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA

Roku
..Roku Media Player - Roku plugged into HDMI on TV to audio out to stereo.

I also turned off Media Streaming in Windows Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Media Streaming Options to shut down Window's DNLA server. This does not affect JRiver's DNLA server and I would assume frees up some memory and MIPS.

Only complexities:
- Turn ASIO OFF on ASIO Bridge before running Protools, turn ASIO ON on ASIO Bridge after running Pro tools.
- If you change sample rates - need to update JRiver, ASIO Bridge, and UR824. You can access the UR824 control panel through ASIO Bridge GUI.

ASIO Bridge is $15 if you donate, or free if you don't.
JRiver is $60 for a Windows licence. They give you a 30 day trial period for free.

Show replies
πŸ“ Reply