The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Audio Design Desk" software
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

"Audio Design Desk" software

Guess this will put sound editors out of work...

https://www.add.app/

All trailers sound the same now anyway, might as well make it automated

But it is an interesting concept I suppose. I do notice the pricing varies depending on the music license. Not sure what they consider music.

I could see using it for gun fights. If there was an easy way to layer.
Old 1st February 2020
Gear Addict

For the ones whom believe that “sound design” is just whoosh and hits... probably a great tool for speed up repeating tasks and toughs...
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear
And there's a well known company that'll sell you audio plug-ins to instantly master your mixes and turn your headphones into the monitor speakers used at Abbey Road!

Now all we need is a website where you specify a movie genre, pick one of a dozen plot structures, choose among knifings or explosions or car crashes, and fill in your friends' names for characters... instant trailer video complete with sampled Don LaFontaine-like phrases, ready for you to add Design Desk!
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Isn't it only a matter of time before someone develops a "Neuron" like plugin suite, that will analyse your individual tracks, compare them to a database and correct them EQ and dynamics wise and suggest bus processing and mix automation based on the last 30 years of tv and film?
Old 2nd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pethenis View Post
Isn't it only a matter of time before someone develops a "Neuron" like plugin suite, that will analyse your individual tracks, compare them to a database and correct them EQ and dynamics wise and suggest bus processing and mix automation based on the last 30 years of tv and film?
Almost there in Izotope's Ozone, see https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html and watch the movie on AI at the bottom.

FWIW
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear

I kinda.... like being able to find sounds from the timeline?

But nothing else here looks like a time saver? Performing sounds in sync is just something you do with a drum sampler, and it’s “sonic intelligence” mostly seems to be little more than a huge library of patches and samples with lots of subjective keyword tagging.
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Actually the clip performance is pretty cool, and it exports an AAF!
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pethenis View Post
I'm sure some plug-in company will brag about having it. But it's more likely to be an algorithmic processor based on some name-brand rerecording mixer's opinion of a track should be.

To actually do this in a Neural Network would require some very heavy corporate lifting. You'd need access to the original tracks of a bunch of well-respected features or tv series, and a network design that could be trained with lots of long-form samples, and able to look at the overall flow... just training to a snapshot won't cut it, because there are a lot of different scenes with different sounds in a single film reel or 22 minute TV episode.

It'll happen eventually, I'm sure. Unless something else totally disrupts the industry...
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

That looks awesome! I'm definitely dumping Pro Tools for this! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Guess this will put sound editors out of work...

https://www.add.app/

All trailers sound the same now anyway, might as well make it automated

But it is an interesting concept I suppose. I do notice the pricing varies depending on the music license. Not sure what they consider music.

I could see using it for gun fights. If there was an easy way to layer.
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

Btw I don’t mean to demean a developer's efforts here. The software has some neat features. But I’m confused by the marketing and the licensing.

I can see video editors using this. But I’m not sure that they’ll want to use an external program.
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear

Just had a good phone call with the developer this morning and it sounds like they have a lot of cool features in the pipeline, particularly for conforming. Also super responsive, they’re fixing an AAF bug for me today.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search