The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AVID MTRX studio
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Sorry to hijack, I was also having trouble summing to zero when using HW Inserts with MTRX Studio. Thought this might save some time for some people.

I´ve been in contact with Avid Customer Care and after some weeks got a reply : "We found a bug within Pro Tools that is not allowing a complete cancellation, and that this is not an MTRX Studio Issue, and would I like you to know the bug number (PT-265901) that it is under review with product management. We are working on implementing a feature to allow the user to choose HW insert delay in either MS or Samples to make this all easier moving forward. We're taking full accountability of hardware and software limitations and hopefully this issue get's resolved soon in an upcoming update."

HW Inserts rendering works, realtime apparently not..

Hope they fix this soon,
Jonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
I have had my MTRX for a couple of years now. When it first came out, it could mimic the HD I/O, then it could mimic the HD I/O or HD MADI, and then not too long after that it had its own profile as MTRX.

The reason it could mimic (emulate) the delays of the others is because it processes much faster than the others (7 samples total delay -- samples, not ms).
The delay compensation in Pro Tools is there in any recent version -- my guess would be at least any version since the beginning of 2019. Definitely anything current.
There's kind of two factors to this: DADman emulation setting for the hardware and Pro Tools delay compensation configuration. If both were set right, then there wasn't any need for a fix for a long, long time. If the setting in DADman was wrong, then there could have been in the past. But today, the emulation option is gone (you can only chose MTRX) and it always identifies as a "MTRX" and Pro Tools reads it as such so there is no issue.
📝 Reply