The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Copyrighting songs/albums
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Back to copyrighting............

Can anyone confirm if you need to submit "hard copies" of compositions and just how the CR office defines "hard copy?" (i.e. is a CD with a musical score on it a "hard copy" or must it be in print etc) I've been wading through that site but wow it sucks lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

One way to look at it... is the reason you register a copyright is to either sue someone or protect your intellectual property. And the major thing is for you to say this particular property was filed at so and so date. With that being said - I would just send in what I had - cd - a demo - sheet music - what ever... (as well as documenting it on on my side - photo of me putting into an envelope addressed to the Copyright Office) what ever suits you fancy.

It is much like having something notarized - and entered in the clerks office at court. The notary is NOT notarizing and signing to the fact that the document is true, Just that they are saying they are acting in an 'official capacity' and that you are you and said piece of paper is numbered and filed under my ability to act of the state. Same with the clerk - they just file it an give it a number. That's all.

If you are still up in the air or want to know today's current laws or recent addendums - I WOULD POST YOUR QUESTION up on https://www.avvo.com/ask-a-lawyer (the AVVO site) it is the top site of lawyers and you can ask experts for free and they will respond quickly - I have used this extensively in my life) in fact they probably have your question already posted. let us know ~ luck
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
Yea that is very difficult today I would imagine! lol... I Hired a guy out of Detroit just once to work about 300 stations nationwide that I had trouble getting a foothold on rotation. He actually gave me his list (godsend) - and I double worked the stations. It was all of I think $300 to maybe $600... worked well. But man things have changed.
We hired Brian Farrish, he's VERY good, and gives you a monthly report with the lists on it:

http://www.radio-media.com/

And yes, that was a long time ago.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search