The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Leica shutter SFX
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Leica shutter SFX

Working on a short doc about war photographers...as the intended audience will mostly be photographers it’s imperative that the correct shutter and related sounds are used. I’m currently missing sounds from a Leica M4-P. Anyone know of a library containing sounds from this camera?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Not sure about libraries but the M4-P is from the 1980ies and pretty widely available used. I guess if all else fails you could find one in a local 2nd hand camera store and ask if they allow you to record it in the shop?
I think you can also safely use an M6. The M4-P is an M6 without the TTL metering as far as I remember. The shutter should be the same.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi
I did a film a few years ago about the famous image of Che Guevara, shot by Alberto Korda on a Leica M2, and had a photographer bring an M3 to my studio where I recorded a few shutter clicks, winds, etc.

Happy to send them to you if you think they'd be useful, DM me if you'd like them
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks Joe. Sent you a PM

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search