The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Surround Panning options for ProTools
Old 1st November 2019
Here for the gear

Surround Panning options for ProTools

I need to pan multichannel tracks in ProTools, for which Spanner is pretty much the perfect tool, but, it's one of the few plug-ins that doesn't work on Windows; which has become a problem to me moving projects between OS'.

Barco/Iosono's Anymix Pro looks like a possible option. Does anyone know if this is still a supported plugin? Or have any experience of it? I'm not *especially* fussed about using it to upmix, I just want to be able to re-pan legs within 5.1/7.1 units - without splitting to monos etc.

Are there any other plug-ins that do this job?

Thanks!
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

Nope. Not going to mention competition. No.
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamscriv View Post
I need to pan multichannel tracks in ProTools, for which Spanner is pretty much the perfect tool, but, it's one of the few plug-ins that doesn't work on Windows; which has become a problem to me moving projects between OS'.

Barco/Iosono's Anymix Pro looks like a possible option. Does anyone know if this is still a supported plugin? Or have any experience of it? I'm not *especially* fussed about using it to upmix, I just want to be able to re-pan legs within 5.1/7.1 units - without splitting to monos etc.

Are there any other plug-ins that do this job?

Thanks!
I use Anymix Pro on Mac and it's great. I purchased it a long time ago, and it's been a core part of my mix template for years. Try the demo.
Old 2nd November 2019
I use it, works ok for panning, I don’t use it as an up mixer. I think it’s pretty much the only option out there, it is a shame that Cargo Cult didn’t make a windows version when they developed the new version update not that long ago.
Only issue for me is that not all the parameters are automatable, the big omission being channel levels, but there are workarounds eg using in conjunction with a multi-mono trim.
Old 2nd November 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks folks! I'll give it a try then.

In an ideal world Avid would build the panner in to ProTools really, it seems pretty archaic not to be able to pan in the workstation, IMHO. (I'm sure it had the same issue when they first introduced stereo in like v4 or 5 maybe?)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just to report back...

I do like this plugin, but as @ Wheelie says, individual channels are not automatable which is a big limitation. Most of the time you can kind of work around it but Spanner is way better at this kind of thing.

The "distance" beyond the sound field is actually more interesting than I thought though; being able to put in a pan, level and EQ move with a single mouse or touchscreen swipe, albiet a little crude, may often be all that's needed.

As expected, the upmixer definitely isn't up there with the likes of ADL or Nugen's.

Come on Cargo Cult or Avid, give me a panner!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We're using Anymix, but recently I wished I had the possibility to expand the panning to the Z axis (Atmos).
What's the best option for let's say rotate a stereo source and have it go up at the same time?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i like the anymix upmixer

it sounds great
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao View Post
i like the anymix upmixer

it sounds great
Hi Guys are you using anymix with which pro tools/os version?

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I had some problems with anymix and delay compensation in protools, I think it was protools 12...
Anyone with similar issue?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post
Hi Guys are you using anymix with which pro tools/os version?

Thanks
PT 2019.10 w/ Sierra 10.12.6, but it appeared to be fine in High Sierra.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

anymix is sweet. Hope they keep updating it.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
anymix is sweet. Hope they keep updating it.
Unfortunately they haven’t updated it in years
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmanuel View Post
I had some problems with anymix and delay compensation in protools, I think it was protools 12...
Anyone with similar issue?
I've used it in PT2019.5 and 2019.10 and so far it's been sample accurate in terms of delay comp. I'm not yet a seasoned Anymix user though.

Actually, what I should say is *whenever I've checked* it's been sample accurate
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I recently had issues of CPU overloads with it in a pretty mild session. Anybody else?
Hadn't used it in a while, so I can't say whether it might be PT, drivers or whatever-related.
(This was on a Win10 system) (sorry for being slightly off-topic)

As for SPANNER in Windows -> email Justin, please!! I hope he will port it some time.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

i dont really have any issues with anymix. It just works.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mottl View Post
As for SPANNER in Windows -> email Justin, please!! I hope he will port it some time.
I did mention it a while back, but he said it's quite complicated.

I still hope he does. I'd definitely buy it if he did :-)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I would too straight away. I could even drop the iPad festures for starts. Plugin only so to speak.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search