The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools Text to ADR Database
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

Pro Tools Text to ADR Database

Hey everyone-

I've redone some work from my old ProToolsText project and added some features, and mostly cleaned up a lot of messiness in the XML conversion code

https://github.com/iluvcapra/ptulsconv

This is a command-line tool sorta by choice right now but I'm using it on my projects and it's been perfectly stable, it has pretty good error reporting, particularly when your tagging is wonky.

It works roughly like EdiCue except the tagging style might be a little easier to read in some cases, and can be extended in the future to do more than just ADR lists. (You can read more about how the tagging works and how to install at the link.)

At this time you cue your ADR in your session with text and tags, export the text export and then feed through the command-line, and the final output at this time is an XML file in Filemaker Pro format, and that's what I'm presently using for generating PDFs and documents.

It's still pretty experimental so if you're not comfortable with the command line maybe you might pass on it for now? I'd love feedback though if people wanna play with it, and the price is right!

Last edited by iluvcapra; 2nd November 2019 at 03:28 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search