The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Have some crumby audio, can it be improved at all?
Old 31st October 2019
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Have some crumby audio, can it be improved at all?

Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be improved at all?

Thanks in advance!

https://we.tl/t-mLnjKnbYQ8
Old 31st October 2019
  #2
Gear Maniac
 

Sounds like a recording of a PA at a live event, you could see if anyone recorded the direct feed off the mixing board. Otherwise it could use a bit of EQ and maybe a bit of downward expansion wouldn’t hurt but it sounds generally fine to me, what do you want to do with it?

Edit: Maybe listening on my iPad wasn't the best way to eval the audio. I still think shaping the tone and noise floor is part of the solution but there are lots of other problems in there that I agree that one can fix with RX! Hope you found some help.

Last edited by TheMuffinMan01; 2nd November 2019 at 02:57 AM..
Old 31st October 2019
  #3
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringz23 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be improved at all?

Thanks in advance!

https://we.tl/t-mLnjKnbYQ8
I just ran some tests in Izotope and the audio can certainly be improved. I assume you're talking about the distorted sections and the low frequency resonance and general lack of clarity. Are you looking to see if the entire clip can be salvaged for use in a video or audio recording? Is this something you're willing to pay to have processed? Not to be mercenary but the software is expensive and I have many hours of learning invested in the programs I use.
Old 1st November 2019
  #4
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebeaudry View Post
I just ran some tests in Izotope and the audio can certainly be improved. I assume you're talking about the distorted sections and the low frequency resonance and general lack of clarity. Are you looking to see if the entire clip can be salvaged for use in a video or audio recording? Is this something you're willing to pay to have processed? Not to be mercenary but the software is expensive and I have many hours of learning invested in the programs I use.

I have a 40 minute video that the clip is part of that needs some work.
Old 1st November 2019
  #5
Listen to it. Using RX it can be improved. PM me off list for more info. Thanks
Old 1st November 2019
  #6
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringz23 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be improved at all?

Thanks in advance!

https://we.tl/t-mLnjKnbYQ8
I just sent you a private message.
Old 5th November 2019
  #7
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringz23 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be improved at all?

Thanks in advance!

https://we.tl/t-mLnjKnbYQ8
Any thoughts on my proposal?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringz23 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be improved at all?

Thanks in advance!

https://we.tl/t-mLnjKnbYQ8
I've sent you a couple of PMs. I've tested and found I can significantly improve the audio from what you have. If you would like to hear it I've given my email in the private messages.
Regards,
Bernie
Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebeaudry View Post
I've sent you a couple of PMs. I've tested and found I can significantly improve the audio from what you have. If you would like to hear it I've given my email in the private messages.
Regards,
Bernie

I never heard back from him either. Maybe he wanted to do it himself.

FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I never heard back from him either. Maybe he wanted to do it himself.

FWIW
Perhaps. Its frustrating when time is taken to evaluate a clip and then there is no response whatsoever. Its good practice on the software, but it still bugs me.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Not the first time this has happened on GS. I guess people want answers to their questions and not an offer of actually doing it for pay. FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 

maybe you all got a virus installed for free by downloading his demo.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump