The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
F1 sound library
Old 28th October 2019
Here for the gear

F1 sound library

Anybody could please recommend a good wide-range F1 sound library? I mean sounds recorded during mostly driving a car (inside/outside). The only one I know is this: https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-l...sound-effects/ but perhaps there is something else as good as this, maybe cheaper? Or the same proce but just different?. Thank you in advance.
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplaire View Post
Anybody could please recommend a good wide-range F1 sound library? I mean sounds recorded during mostly driving a car (inside/outside). The only one I know is this: https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-l...sound-effects/ but perhaps there is something else as good as this, maybe cheaper? Or the same proce but just different?. Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, I can't help you find any.

But, you will need to be specific, when looking.
What F1 era? The V10 days, the early V8 turbo days, the latest Hybrid, turbo V6 days.
They all sound different.
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplaire View Post
There is no cheap way to record on-board F1 cars (pay the driver, the car, the place to record them, insurance etc.). Hence the price tag of these libraries. I'd be surprised if you found anything cheap ones apart from general audience perspective recordings pointing a mic towards the race as an attendee of a public race.
Current teams won't even let you get close to a car and look at it. Let alone mount a mic on them. It's any extremely money driven and secretive "sport".
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear

Good points made here. The different era cars really do sound distinct. The current sound is.... something. The old V10 & V12 wail was fantastic.

Are you working on footage from a shoot or licensed footage? If it's from a shoot they really should have made sound a consideration (which doesn't help now, I know). Pole Position does great work. If it seems expensive bill it to the production. Of course that only helps if you want it to be a V8.
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

I just found out FOM (Formula One Management owns the onboard recordings from the races.
They sell the recordings (audio and video) back to the teams!!! The public will never get their hands on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxem7G3Asfs
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

I think most major sports retain the rights to the media now. Big source of income. Hence why it matters if it's licensed footage or not...
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

I love the sound of the new hybrids. I'm willing to bet the crew of Drive to Survive has amassed a pretty impressive library. that show sounded killer.
Old 1st November 2019
Here for the gear

Smile

Wow, thanks for your answers! I can't tell you the purpose of my search, this is NDA related...
I can imagine the difficulty in recording such sounds. OK so now I'm pretty sure there is no better way to have such sounds - I (my studio) have to buy the library. Fullstop.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search