The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cryptic TDR Nova Warning
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Cryptic TDR Nova Warning

Our systems were recently updated to the latest version of PT Ultimate. All plug ins were updated as well. I opened up an older project to print some new stems and when i opened up one of the Nova's I got this message in the pink bar. Has anyone else seen or had issues with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Cryptic TDR Nova Warning-nova.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
There is an automation recall bug between versions 1 and 2 of TDR Nova. I was using v1 pretty heavily for a while, and trying to open old sessions with v2 installed definitely did not recall correctly. I ended up reinstalling v1 and keeping it for recall. It doesn't seen to cause any issues being installed on newer versions of PT, although I am still on 2018.7 and Sierra, in that room. I ended up switching over to mostly using Pro-Q 3, once it came out and included dynamic EQ. Not a great way to update a plugin IMO. Why not just call it TDR Nova 2? With both plugin files having the exact same filename, there is no way to have both installed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
There is an automation recall bug between versions 1 and 2 of TDR Nova. I was using v1 pretty heavily for a while, and trying to open old sessions with v2 installed definitely did not recall correctly.
Not acceptable.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
I totally agree. Backwards compatibility should always be of the utmost importance. I definitely liked the sound of this plugin, but I felt I had to stop using it, since recall is so important to me. Like I said, I reinstalled v1 and kept it for recall, then moved on to Pro-Q3.
Old 1 week ago
Go ask in the mastering forum - Fabian hangs out there!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Unfortunately, there isn't really anything to ask. Version 2 replaces version 1, with no way to have both installed. And Version 2 will not correctly recall settings and automation from version 1.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

it's a pain in the a$$ but i have v2 installed and keep using it

when i need to open the old session i install the old version

then install the v2 again for new projects

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Can you not just rename the v2 plugin?

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao View Post
it's a pain in the a$$ but i have v2 installed and keep using it

when i need to open the old session i install the old version

then install the v2 again for new projects

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Reverting back to v1 would be ok for mixes I do at home but the company I work for has 14 mix rooms and that won't fly.

I've already started using Pro Q3 for main dyn eq duties. I liked Nova because it has a dry mix knob which I found useful after the Pro Q3. Some extreme reduction with the mix around 30% sounded good in some instances. Waves F6 and Neutrons EQ module also have this feature. I will give them a whirl.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
Can you not just rename the v2 plugin?

Randall
haven't tried

will there be 2 plugins in protools then?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I just followed the directions in the error message at the top of the plugin and changed the setting in TDR Nova.conf file, and then automation recall from sessions with v1 worked just fine. so its not a big concern if you change this setting.

that being said I stopped using this plugin a while ago because i was concerned about reliability, but if you need to open an old session on v2, then there is a workflow to do it if you read the message.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Yes, I've also done this and it's fine now.

The problem for me though is that I needed to re-print one episode of a series I mixed last year. I hadn't been in the studio since they updated all the plug ins. and unless you open Nova you don't see the warning. The mix had passed QC and aired already I just turned it low and re-printed without listening in detail. My bad i know but it was at the end of a long day and my ears were tired. I started a new series which is when I noticed the warning but it was too late.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search