The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Spatializing plug-ins for dry/close-micced FX ?
Old 20th May 2019
Gear Head

Spatializing plug-ins for dry/close-micced FX ?

Hi everyone, what are you using as a one-stop solution for placing fx/foley in the correct acoustical perspective of a room/space?

I do mostly fiction and documentary sound editing/design. I am aware that one can/should build from scratch an fx chain (with eq,delay and/or reverb, convolution plug-ins, custom impulse responses,etc...) but for many situations that is very time-consuming and somehow never really accurate (no doubt my fault).

Air/Doppler by sound particles and Anymix are some examples, but I need something purely mono/stereo and not that expensive, Altiverb is not an option. I´m on PT 12.6.

Any recommendations?
Old 20th May 2019
Gear Maniac
Sound Particles Doppler+Air is on sale for $99 until June 14th.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/par...june-14th-2019

Last edited by originalscottyg; 20th May 2019 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: oops caps-lock
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

You might like Revibe II and it's small/mid room and film post presets (kitchens, car etc).
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Head

thanks for the ideas

I have had a look at Air/Doppler, the reflections/delay/reverb element is missing.

The Revibe II is a good option, already included in my system.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Maniac

I actually like Avid's Reverb One for these kind of 'technical' reverbs. Very light and simple, 3 band eq included, the simple early reflections can be used for outdoors when you turn down the reverb itself (so it turns into a slapback). Great for foley and some adr. I wouldn't use it for 'taste maker' reverbs though.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Nut

I still use sometimes Waves TruVerb (AS monoJ in situations liike this.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search