The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A Must read about Future Workflows
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

A Must read about Future Workflows

A Must Read about The Future
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...EprHJMengMW3p8
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Handbrake?
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

ffmpeg seems so fiddly and like entering commands into terminal...i know people think it is great and powerful, but it is not a fit for me.

Amazed more people don't use EditReady. Lots of video editors I know use it. Easy. Fast. Cheap. You can pick 3!
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Handbrake?
AFAIKT, Handbrake will only create MP4s or MKVs in H.264, H.265, MPEG-4 or MPEG-2. No DNxHD or Prores.

ffmpeg is the very best thing you can learn how to use, biggest problem I have is that it's complicated to install on a system that isn't yours, particularly if that system is off the internet. ffmpeg will make DNxHDs or Prores's, as MOVs or MXFs. There are some window apps that help you run ffmpeg though you still need to have it installed in the first place.

Also fun to keep in mind: Quicktime is EOLd. Apple has AVFoundation which effectively replaces most of QuickTime, though it's not clear if Apple will offer or sell something that works like QT Pro but is built on their modern multimedia platform.
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Addict

Compressor?
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

This is the very best in the business: ffmpeg with a great UI

https://audiospot.audio/audiospot-creativetools

Use and donate!
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Nut

I've been using ffworks for over a year now, and am very happy with it. It is extremely fast and accurate. One of its top features is batch convert - all to the same target format.
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

By far the easiest way (imho) is to install ffmpeg and create Automator workflows.
This lets you convert your files straight from within Finder with a right click.

It’s free and the most intuitive and fastest solution I have found.

There was a thread about this over a year ago which has it all explained and has all the hard work done for you. Copy paste and you’re done!

edit: added screenshot, I have 3 choices setup: a low res h264, dnxhd36 and dnxhd36 with timecode burnt in. Two clicks is all it takes.
Attached Thumbnails
A Must read about Future Workflows-screenshot-2019-05-08-10.40.35.png  

Last edited by Jamie Mac; 8th May 2019 at 09:43 AM..
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Nut

If you are on Windows, I find this to be a great and comprehensive front end for ffmpeg. It's hasn't borked anything for me in 12 months of use.

http://www.myffmpeg.com/
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Nut

For me it's ffmpeg + Automator.
Audiospot is nice and this one too http://www.shutterencoder.com/en/index.php
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Really surprised Adobe Media Encoder wasn't mentioned on PTE or here. Yes, you have to have Adobe CC, but it's super powerful and easy to use.
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Maniac

In MacOS (since Lion I believe), you can just right-click a video file (or multiple files for that matter) in Finder, select 'Encode Selected Video Files', choose Apple ProRes and you're done. If you prefer Avid formats, ffWorks (or cli ffmpeg) is the way to go..
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

hm. What exactly is future about this? Didn't touch Streamclip in about 5 years or so.

With that thread title I was expecting reinfored learning supported content recognition-powered intelligent auto-mixing. At least.
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf0l View Post
In MacOS (since Lion I believe), you can just right-click a video file (or multiple files for that matter) in Finder, select 'Encode Selected Video Files', choose Apple ProRes and you're done. If you prefer Avid formats, ffWorks (or cli ffmpeg) is the way to go..
????
Just looked in High Sierra and no such option exists looking at mp4 and mov containers. Are you sure you aren't running something that added that extension?
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
????
Just looked in High Sierra and no such option exists looking at mp4 and mov containers. Are you sure you aren't running something that added that extension?
You might need to enable it if you’ve upgraded your OS from previous versions rather than a clean install (in which case it should be enabled by default). It’s in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts tab > select Services > enable Encode Selected Video Files (and Audio Files if you want to).
Attached Thumbnails
A Must read about Future Workflows-4095e507-b18c-459a-994f-ef72b99ad28c.jpg  

Last edited by inf0l; 8th May 2019 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

And there it is. Thanks!
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

blackmagic da vinci resolve

it's free and it can encode dnxhd
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
This is the very best in the business: ffmpeg with a great UI

https://audiospot.audio/audiospot-creativetools

Use and donate!
+1
Old 11th May 2019
Lives for gear

I'd use my Pavtube Video Converter. It's really good.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search