The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SFX library recommendations & advice
Old 23rd April 2019
SFX library recommendations & advice

Hey everyone,

I am after some advice regarding SFX libraries, and in essence trying to narrow down whether the problem is the libraries I own... or me and my use of them. I own a bunch of old staples like the BBC collection, and stuff by Digieffects and Sound Ideas. With exception of perhaps the Foley effects, I find a lot of it sounds a little old and dated. Is it just me? Or is it simply the age of the SFX that I'm using?

If it's the latter, what would be some good modern sounding libraries to check out in the $1000-$2000 range?
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear
You don't say what you're using the sfx for.

If you're building effects tracks for a film, any recording you use will have to be tweaked to become part of the characters' world.
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
Hey everyone,

I am after some advice regarding SFX libraries, and in essence trying to narrow down whether the problem is the libraries I own... or me and my use of them. I own a bunch of old staples like the BBC collection, and stuff by Digieffects and Sound Ideas. With exception of perhaps the Foley effects, I find a lot of it sounds a little old and dated. Is it just me? Or is it simply the age of the SFX that I'm using?

If it's the latter, what would be some good modern sounding libraries to check out in the $1000-$2000 range?
It's the libraries.
The BBC stuff in particular sounds very dated. As do some of the generic Sound Ideas libraries.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search